C++: getting started.

bakawhite

I took the suggested course and started delving into programming. Now, my problem is that I can't a C client to work. i have code::blocks installed with the "appropriate" compiler/debugger(mingw) but when I try to build it fails. Also, if I try to run the program un-built(hello world) it will just print Return=0, not what it's supposed to do.
If it does matter I am using the new Acer Aspire1 computer as my main right now. Its processor is the intel Atom. I don't think it matters, because I've been able to run all of everything I've thrown at it including homebrews and independent games/apps.
If you have any tips please throw them here.

I believe that it may be a problem in your compiler setup. Without more information, I cannot be certain. Try Visual C++ 2008 Express. It's free, and compiles ANSI compliant C++ code. If that doesn't work either, then we'll go from there.

If he wants to prepare for pandora development ( gnu c/c++) his choice is right ( mingw = gnu c/c++)

I've had no issues with MinGW (under Linux/Wine). You could try compiling from the command line (if you're not already):

Code:
\MinGW\bin\g++.exe -o myapp mysourcefiles.cpp -lMYLIBS

player4 said:
I took the suggested course and started delving into programming. Now, my problem is that I can't a C client to work. i have code::blocks installed with the "appropriate" compiler/debugger(mingw) but when I try to build it fails. Also, if I try to run the program un-built(hello world) it will just print Return=0, not what it's supposed to do.
If it does matter I am using the new Acer Aspire1 computer as my main right now. Its processor is the intel Atom. I don't think it matters, because I've been able to run all of everything I've thrown at it including homebrews and independent games/apps.
If you have any tips please throw them here.
Please look at all the messages that Code::Blocks spits out in the window... are you trying to build for the wrong platform
(trying to build for Linux in windows or visa-versa?)

Give us a link to the source and to the output/compiler errors/etc. and we (or at least I) will try to tell you what's wrong.

Easier if you come on #openpandora during the European day and ask, I'll try to answer assuming I'm in the office.

I'm 90% sure I'm building for windows, and yes, I'm trying to get ready for a linux-convertible code while in windows. I'll try virtual windows first and then come back if I still can't do it, etc.
#openpandora is on where?

Back