Buying An F200

azeluk

Still Fresh
Hey everyone I'm buying an f200 primarily for classic console emulation and arcade emulation.

How does it fair with snes and gba emulation in particular Seiken densetsu 3 for snes.

Many thanks.

Azel

I can't answer about that specific game as I've never played it, but SNES emulation on the GP2X is very good; most games are playable at full speed and without any glitches.

So as the first ever OpenSource handheld I'll have would you say it's worth it?.

It's being sold for only £50 and is pretty much new condition.

Ok bud will do, really looking forward to it now, oh how long is battery life, I'll be using it just for games.

Not long at all I'm afraid. A brand new pair of batteries will last a couple of hours at best. I recommend high MaH rechargeable batteries - they'll last longer and work out cheaper. Of course a power adapter is better still, but not particularly portable without a very long extension lead ;)

I've been looking at rechargeable batteries and the sanyo eneloop seem to be the best should hopefully be able to squeeze 4/5 hours out of them.

Cheers for all your help.

Oh what's the best firmware to use and do they all have sdhc support?

Well I'm officially a gp2x f200 owner :) I brought the console earlier and it should be with me by next week, now I've just gotta get my collection together, what are the best emus for the.

Snes.
Nes.
Gba.
Gb/c
Neogeo pocket
megadrive
master system

And any others I've missed :) I'm guessing mame for all is the best arcade one.

Many thanks

Azel

P. S. Which is the best version of warcraft :)

Part of the fun of owning a machine isn't about discovering which emulator is best, but which one you actually prefer. One with a great user interface/control scheme  etc. may not run the games the best, but will be preferable.

In all honestly, the File Archive pretty much shows the best of the best - they're the apps that are downloaded most often. There's usually a reason for that.

You forgot PS1 - some games are very playable, some not so much.

SDHC is a a no-no if I remember correctly. But don't quote me on that. Just don't rush out and buy a SDHC card specially.

Firmware - the last one, whatever that was, seemed stable enough to me with no obvious issues. TBH I wouldn't bother upgrading unless you feel you really have to.

Well I've been doing some research and turns out that the last firmware made the gp2x sdhc compatible so if it hasn't got it on there all ready I'll update it to the last available.

Thanks for all your help :)

Any tips on where to pick up an F200? I sold my F100 years ago, and I can't find a single store online selling either of them. There a couple on eBay, but I really want a brand new one (stickler).

I've got a PS Vita and a Nexus 5 that beats the crap out of it, but I just want to have one again to mess around with, you know?

Chances of getting a brand new F200 are virtually nil. Nowhere has them in stock anymore and they were discontinued a loooooooong time ago.

You might be better off getting a Caanoo and using Ginge to play (the majority of) old GP2X games as well as Caanoo only titles. You won't get a brand new Caanoo either, but they are newer, more reliable, more robust and have an integrated rechargeable battery that lasts much longer. It's also a much nicer machine to hold.

iprice said:
Chances of getting a brand new F200 are virtually nil. Nowhere has them in stock anymore and they were discontinued a loooooooong time ago.

You might be better off getting a Caanoo and using Ginge to play (the majority of) old GP2X games as well as Caanoo only titles. You won't get a brand new Caanoo either, but they are newer, more reliable, more robust and have an integrated rechargeable battery that lasts much longer. It's also a much nicer machine to hold.

I've not heard of the Cannoo, I remember the Wiz coming out just around when I sold my 2X, and from what I recall the Wiz was a pile - is the Cannoo better, and better than the GP2x?

Thanks

The Wiz is actually a really nice machine. It's screen is simply the best - beautiful. It's getting harder and harder to find though.

As I said, the Caanoo is a much better machine than either GP2X. Definitely look out for one if you want to relive the heyday of the GP2X and have access to a whole new library of top games :)

Caanoos come up on eBay quite often - there are two colours, although they are identical in all other ways; there's white and dark blue/black. The white one seems to come up more often. There are some on eBay now, but they are stupidly priced. They generally go for around £70. One the other day went for less!

I have all of these machines F100, F200,Wiz and Caanoo and I'd go for the Caanoo over all the others due to the build factor, internal battery, excellent controller (analogue and digital), touchscreen, comfort, feel and weight,

Here's a YouTube vid of EvilDragon (the owner of these forums and co-creator of the Pandora) talking about the Caanoo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TecdqiYWjfU#t=17

Back