But will it upgrade?

fritata

Well, I'm far too impatient to wait years for the Pyra, so . .

I have been considering upgrading my limping classic Pandora, but at this point, I do not think it is possible.

My Pandora has two issues: A broken nub, and it cannot read battery voltage, meaning you can't tell how much battery is left.

Does this mean I am ineligible for an upgrade?

How long do you have your Pandora and are those defects there from the beginning?

Did you modify the hardware?

As far as I can tell you can still upgrade if he problems are still covered under warranty bit ED would need to decide on that of course.

It has always had the defect.

I have changed the LCD cable myself when it went bad, I believe this voided my warranty.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have changed the LCD cable myself when it went bad, I believe this voided my warranty.

Repairing part A yourself shouldn't make you ineligible for a free repair of part B, if part B failed due to it being of poor quality/construction.

Well, the nub is no issue and for the battery reading, it might be fixable by me (or sold for a cheaper price).

So please do the upgrade if you like to :)

I am in a similar, but probably worse situation.  My poor panda has been through the wars a bit :-

The power switch has broken off.

I've had to (badly) re-solder both microusb and main power socket

damaged battery compartment and a nice little screw hole in the front where I annoyingly put the screws back in different places.

After all this, what are the chances of an upgrade for me?

Thanks

CJ

Excellent news, thanks.

Also, one other question. A (long) while ago I paid €100 towards a 512 pandora and then promptly ran out of funds, so I have done nothing since then and the money has just been sitting with OpenPandora GmbH.  Would it be possible to use this money as part of the upgrade option and if so how would I go about it?

Cheers

CJ

Oh, so you paid a part to my company and didn't pay the remaining amount?

That would be usable - just let me know more information (when you paid, how you paid, your name, etc.) so I can find you there :)

Back