Broken Caanoo

samhkr

Still Fresh
I ordered a Caanoo from gp2xstore this christmas, which came with a broken right trigger. It still works, but it sicks and is difficult to depress. I've tried emailing the gp2xstore multiple times, but they have yet to respond, and now the account info they gave me no longer works, so I've just canceled the payment. I had two questions.
Does anyone have any info on the gp2xstore? i feel bad canceling the payment and not returning the defective product, but they havent responded to any of my emails since just before christmas, my account seems to have been deactivated, and now I can't even get onto their contact page. I waited for the last possible second before disputing the charge, but it had to be done eventually.
And is this trigger malfunction a common problem? I have some basic experience with taking apart handhelds and other electronic devices (PSPs, numerous controllers, mp3 players), so I'd be wiling to take a stab at it, but if the Caanoo is particularly complex internally, or the problem isn't fixable, I wont bother. if i can get it working on my own I'll give them the money back, I just don't want to pay $160 for a defective device.

Thanks

Hi,

One of my friends had a problem with dead pixels on the screen. I wrote here : as-europe@gp2x.com and sent them the Caanoo.

The caanoo went to Korea and the screen has been changed. No problem. It took a month.

you are saying you cancelled payment, right? so you are effectively not the owner of the device anymore ... you might ask a lawyer, but IMO, the only way you should progress now, is sending it back to it's owner ... and not trying to fix it.

I have cancelled the payment, but GP2xstore.com lists no phone numbers or addresses anywhere on their site. The only way to contact them is electronically, and I've been trying to do so for almost a month. So my only two options are giving them the money for a defective item, or keeping the defective item and the money. As unfortunate and legally treacherous as it is, theres not much else I can do at this point. I'm not holding onto the console for them indefinitely on the off chance they ever get back to me, running an online store involves day to day checking of these tickets, so if they havent answered mine for almost a month there has to be some kind of reason.

Thanks for the as-europe@gp2x.com email, they actually put me in contact with their overseas manager, and I should be able to send it in through him. If I am able to get it working, I will happily send gp2xstore the amount of the payment I canceled, minus whatever shipping it cost me.

I got my Caanoo screen replaced too via their AS center in Germany. It took about a month for me, but they do get the job done. So far they have been very helpful.

I'd say, if gp2xstore isn't answering, this might be your only choice.

agggghhhh broken screen,touch screen now not working,any idea if the guys in germany at as-europegp2x.com ar still operating,tried to conatct them but no response as yet.

Back