Looking To Buy Need Some ?s Answered

LukePounds

Still Fresh
Alright so I have been viewing this product for a little while now and I'm considering getting a Caanoo for my brother for Xmas (and me too haha) but I have a few questions first.

1. What emulators are currently working well with Caanoo?
  2. How well does the TV Output cable work for SNES games?
  3. What are some recommended Homebrew?
  4. Is there an archive of files?
  5. Is it possible to play 2 player games?
  6. Do you love it? lol
  7. Also why can't I buy the TV Output cable from the Gp2xstore?

I tried emulation on an AceKard with my DS Lite but it was terrible and that's one thing I really want to avoid if I get this product. I got him an all in 1 game console but the problem is the SNES games batteries have died in them and there a pain in the ass to get working.

Can't answer ALL your questions, but i can answer a few.

so far i have found that PicoDrive (Genesis emulator) has been running flawlessly, GnGeo seems to run, but i have issues iwth alot of roms, I have had no luck with NeoCDx2 (neogeo CD emulator). Snes9x and Nesgp2x run, but are a little sluggish.

I was not aware that there was a TV output for the Caanoo.

So far I love mine, I've had it for just over a week. I know it's just a matter of letting emulators mature before some of these kinks work themselves out.

1. Gameboy, PicoDrive and nes work just fine.
2. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. tbh i haven't tried it for a while and i can't really remember if i used the released version of snes9x4c or the pre-release version...
3. Warehouse Panic, Puzsion, Trap75, Animatch, Aim, Zombie Sorbet, sqrxz!, tong, pharao, eeek eeek hook, meritous, pix bros and ken's labyrinth. did i forget sth?
4. http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/caanoo.cgi
5. Aim is Multiplayer, nLove Pong,....haven't tried others yet.
6. for sure!
7. I guess there out of stock. but building your own isn't that hard. just search for tv out in the forums.

Alright thanks for the the replies.

I'm really just interested in emulation. Like mostly SNES. If Caanoo doesn't have good SNES support what handheled does?

Luke92 said:
Alright thanks for the the replies.

I'm really just interested in emulation. Like mostly SNES. If Caanoo doesn't have good SNES support what handheled does?

The Dingoo has good snes emulation via dingux if you dont count the fx chip games(They can run but are slow with the sound turned on) Pocketsnes on the WIZ works nice but sience the author of snes9x4d has already ported his dingoo port to the caanoo it still needs to be optimized and have overclocking support added but once this is done I think snes emulation on the CAANOO will be awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back