British meetup first pic...

<_< Hmmm...I find I scare a lot of people.But unless i'm playing bomberman I wouldn't hurt a fly.

I would like to add my thanx to axeman for arranging it and all the other guys for turning up cause I had a great time (winning the black gp32 was nice too) :D

Megadrive and Mame....and i geuss the new but still the same snes emu, it all would taste like chocolate to my gp32 that is exept the snes emu I think that might taste like...rubber? Anyway im not sure how much the gp32 can take when im playing sonic constantly over and over again im sure it can, but not sonic 2 i think it will bust because of my constant urge to kill tails!
Now mame, I think i might put classic castlevania on there i heard dracula is a picture or something, still no Street Fighter Alpha 3 :( or kof well im not sure ;)

Bangs head repeatedly off wall :angry: . you can't play kof or sfa3 Because of ram limitations. read child read!

But when is someone gonna post the genisis emu. i wanna play sonic before i gotsta go back to school. :(

Phil posted on Aug 31 2003 said:
Bangs head repeatedly off wall :angry: . you can't play kof or sfa3 Because of ram limitations. read child read!
My bad im new with arcade emulation but mabye in a distant future there will be gp64 that can play n64 roms playstation roms and all mame roms and u cant forget the best of all, a starcraft/diablo2(first one has to be on the gp32) port with online multi player.

Last edited by a moderator:
the group picture of lurch is not to scale he was crouching a little (the guy is huge) and that was the best round of bomberman i have ever had 4 draw games then losing 3-1 still a great game the better (bigger) man won i came second in the rf tournament

Despite feeling very ill I enjoyed the day cheers Axeman and everyone else!

It took me about four hours to install that black GP32 case today an hour at least getting that LED out of the top, and the screen......you thought the one you got was bad, mine is completely purple on both sides and I broke my original one so now I've just decided to leave the LCD completely exposed and be very careful.

I shouldn't complain though I'm very greatful for it (it looks so cool now), it was just nice to sit and listen to people talk about stuff I usually bore my friends to death with.

Hehe - glad you liked it! sham about the screens, though I think people can put up with it! Maybe worth trying to get the coating off with acetone (nail varnish remover) or meths or something....

Let us know if it works....

Cheers

No nail varnish remover doesn't work or meths for that matter. However I'm so impressed by the clarity of the bare LCD that I don't think I can ever go back to having a protective screen, one scratch and it's all over I suppose.

Axeman: Have you let craig know about the screen prob yet?

Good weekend - good laff and plenty of booze. You guys sold me my own GP32 should be arriving in the post in a few daze - cool.

I wish the reflective coating wasn't so easy to scratch. I had so many scratches in mine that it made it hard to see. I rubbed is so hard that the whole reflective coating is off now. It looks better than it did with the scratches but I wish I still had the coating on it.

I was at the meetup, too. I just had to use my Invisiblity Kit&copy; un-invisible filter and now the picture shows me, too. It looks a abit strange because the de-invisibility filter dosen't work that well. Well anyways, since you can give ppls that were at the metup GenEmu, and since I was there, but just invisible, you can give it to me :) (I didn't ask there because I didn't want to sacre anyone ;)) Now please send it to me :p ;) :D :lol: :)

groupi.jpg

I'm in melbourne but im due to visit my mate in brizzy and driving 1hour from there to the goldcoast woudlnt be bad but there isnt enough people and if so we really woudlnt have anything to playwith if we had RF then it might be ok but otherwise nup :p

Oh and the genesis emu is with no sound right? or was that 22fps with sound?

I must say axeman actually looks better than his avatar he looks more different hmm u think its the green shirt anf the cartoon colours? :D

:ph34r:

Hello Axeman,

Do you know when the MD emulator is going to be released, as I would love to get a copy of it. I already know what games I want to run:-

Gunstar Heroes
Thunder force 4
Streets of Rage 1 and 2
All of the Sonic games
Comix Zone (very good under-rated game)
Street Fighter (as the MD version was great fun)
Desert Strike

Well I can dream..................................................................<sigh>

Damn - what a blast! Just arrived home to Denmark after a short (but rough) flight home. The meet-up was worth the money it cost to get there, really amazing to meet all the people there.

Axeman: You have my greatest respect for your work on it, really amazing that you took the initiative to do all this, a wonderful job on your sde. And a great thanks to all of the other attendees, it was amazing to meet you all and the boards will definately be another thing now that you can put a face on who you are talking to.

Lurch is quite a personality, no wonder he scares you :blink: ;)

No seriously, everyone was great, and I sure had a laugh.

Can't wait until next year *wink* *wink* :D

I been planning to go to Europe for quite some time now anyway so the next time you have one I am going to try to come. Also about the glass screen how do I do that?

Back