Official 2004 British Meetup Thread - Open!

Shotaway-handon???never heard of it.Unless you mean hanley???

Well, if there's a train from London to Stoke, I'm fine with there. Though I'd like to know *which* Stoke (too many on the list on nationalrail.co.uk, and none of them are just plain Stoke) if possible.

Anyone know how much tickets are?

as far as i know stoke is about 20-30 mins from manchester on the train.

Antiriad posted on May 1 2004 at 08:48 PM said:
Just to go against the flow - howsabout Brighton!?
I wouldnt mind brighton... would have to leave around 4/5 tho. I used to live in Brighton this is the only reason I would go there :)

Also wouldnt mind seeing some old friends :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Stoke's about half an hour from Manchester
Oh, and I'm a veggie, and there's a few places get something to eat. And there's quite a few game shops.

There's a bus from right outside the station to Hanley, and a taxi rank right outside the station too. Plus a hotel, actually:p

If it was in Stoke and you wanted someone to organize to book a room, I'm sure me and Dante could ring around. (Thanks for volunteering:) )

Yay lots of veggies. Sometimes being a veggy is hard but I have pretty much avoided meat for 13 years now :)

Im up for stoke ^_^

If it was stoke I could easily get to manchester then its a 45min train to Lea Green (St Helens) then a 5 mins walk to my grandmas :D

PinkSpider posted on May 1 2004 at 09:17 PM said:
Yay lots of veggies. Sometimes being a veggy is hard but I have pretty much avoided meat for 13 years now :)

Im up for stoke ^_^
I've been one for two years, and I'm incredibily strict lol. I don't touch anything that's been cooked on the same dish as meat, or cooked with something with a trace of animal products in, I make it harder for myself lol.

There's a Pizzaera, Burger King and classics menu in "The Potteries Centre" all in the same place. All the tables can be used for any of them so people could get what they wanted. The Pizzaera does a great veggie pizza and chips, tottally free of animal fats. And of course, McDonalds now does a Quorn Burger, although I don't eat there on principle.

Speaking of Pubs etc., I'm not generally a pub person, but there's quite a few. Some rather nice ones, that will let under 18's in too.

Im pretty strict.. although I can put up with other people eating meat. Im pretty much the same tho. There is a nice veggy retaraunt in Hull which is cool ^_^.

As you may have guessed I am a pub person :) infact im gonna design a pub in my rpg for Gigas XD

PinkSpider posted on May 1 2004 at 09:27 PM said:
Im pretty strict.. although I can put up with other people eating meat. Im pretty much the same tho. There is a nice veggy retaraunt in Hull which is cool ^_^.

As you may have guessed I am a pub person :) infact im gonna design a pub in my rpg for Gigas XD
Lol. Ya I can tell. I can sit next to other people eating meat and not be bothered, as I say, I like the taste, look and smell of meat. I just don't like where it comes from.

Mark posted on May 1 2004 at 09:22 PM said:
PinkSpider posted on May 1 2004 at 09:17 PM said:

Im up for stoke ^_^
I've been one for two years, and I'm incredibily strict lol. I don't touch anything that's been cooked on the same dish as meat, or cooked with something with a trace of animal products in, I make it harder for myself lol.

There's a Pizzaera, Burger King and classics menu in "The Potteries Centre" all in the same place. All the tables can be used for any of them so people could get what they wanted. The Pizzaera does a great veggie pizza and chips, tottally free of animal fats. And of course, McDonalds now does a Quorn Burger, although I don't eat there on principle.

Speaking of Pubs etc., I'm not generally a pub person, but there's quite a few. Some rather nice ones, that will let under 18's in too.
same here! And I'm strict to! People get really pissed of when I won't have geletin sweets, it's soo anoying! :angry:

:D I am not a veggie but cannot eat anything resemabling a animal.
For example stupod animal shaped foods.
I cannot eat chicked that I know has come of a proper one only the processed type that is not on bones or anything.
This gets arkward at xmas with the turkey.
Infact I will become a veggie some day.
Probably 3 or 4 months.
That way I can also get out of disecting animals, on principal.

Back