British meetup first pic...

Axeman

Axemeister
Website
Visit site
Well.... here we are.... in all our... ahem.... glory :p

group.jpg

Thanks again to you all for a great day, and stay tuned for the full writeup in the GP32:Zine and on www.gp32zone.co.uk.

Cheers!

Lurch won the biggie - the Black GP32.

Black cases were won by Rico, CaptainFuture and Twimfy (I think!)

Various other prizes (e.g games, gp32 cases, etc) won by others.

They were all won in an RF Bomberman tournament using GPengine 0.5 (Thanks Black!) :D

Most people got something, as the sponsors were very generous.

Thanks again to Lik-Sang and Craig at GBAX.com for their help.

Now if thats not one sketchy looking group I don't know what is.

Awesome guys, glad to hear you had a good time.
And next time I am in the UK (which will be someday I hope)
Maybe I ll look you up.
Hail to the GP32 UK crew of 2003.
Now its time for the American meetup. (which will never happen)..hehehe

I must admit, its actually cheaper for me to travel from NY to the UK than it is from NY to California...whats up with that??
Maybe I should look foreward to GP32 UK meetup 2004??

Are you guys gonna distribute the betas to all of us Americans and others who couldnt make it?

Be good if there was an aus meetup, but there arent that many australian GP32 owners, and I know of only one on the Gold Coast, where I live.

I would host it if it went ahead tho.

The genesis emulator runs *very* smoothely. Its slightly slow - but easily fast enough to be fun. Prolly ~70% or slightly less... dunno, but Sonic is worth playing on it, so it can't be bad :D

an Australian meetup wouldn't work cos all the cities are waaaaay too far apart, with the exception of Brisbane and the Gold Coast. I mean, the distance between Brisbane and Sydney is I think just a little bit farther than the entire length of the UK, and you'd really have to feel sorry for those people who'd try to travel from Perth to the east coast :) it can be done, but only with very big groups. Oh well...

Now when watching this family poster.. I must say that Axeman's avatar really rocks :rolleyes:

Hey Swiss Cheeseman - I'm in Brisbane - I'd happily visit the sunny Gold Coast :)

Maybe enough other SE Qld users will speak up and we'll get a quorum :)

Sonic ran at about 22-23 fps pretty much constantly. I tried changing the clock speed to 166 this morning, but I've had no luck so far :p

Thanks again, Axeman, for arranging and sorting out such a fun meet-up. I really hope it happens again next year :D

Remember, encode the videos for gpcinema/movie park ;)

Cheers

When is there gonna be a proper right up of what happened :rolleyes:

Back