Bringing My Nlu Gp32 Back To Life.

trooper

Trooper`s watching you !!!
Website
Visit site
Well, This is not really a plea for help as such, But anyway, The thing is, I have had a BLU for a good few months now and still have my old non-lit unit (NLU) GP32. Just after getting my shiny new BLU, I was comparing the two units and in a silly fit of absent mindedness i accidently plugged my multi-adaptor into the NLU with the wrong polarity, Duh!!!. What a pratt. :blink:

So, After that fatal execution, Is there any possibility of resurrecting my dead NLU.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Trooper

Tobriand

Very Active Member
Website
Visit site
Iirc its a simple matter of swapping out a dead diode (well, simple of you're a dab hand at soldering at least - though thankfully nothing like as bad as soldering a chip in).

I do not, however, know which diode or what to replace it with. Or where to find the information.

But if you can get someone who knows to tell you, then there's a good chance it can be resurrected :)

RichyX

Website
www.projectarse.net
It's a 3.6V zener diode from what has been said a few times here.
Was meaning to get a replacement one myself but the company I tried wouldn't supply me with it or even give me a reason why :(
NGPC on the way as a GP substitute though!

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
You can get the diodes from most electronic pieces stores for a few cent.
You have to find out which one's dead, though.

Either measure them, find someone who knows it or MAYBE it even looks a bit burnt out... but I don't think so (it's low voltage we're talking about)