Brief Answers to the Big (Pyra) Questions

On my CDs that are infected by DRM it's only the last track that often doesn't play. I never use vlc for playing back cds, but audacious should work. Does it appear to be playing but there's no sound coming out, or does it refuse to start playing back a track at all?

Maybe I should first try to run a Data CD, Pictures or something.., it was meant anyway more for the Phytian PC then for the Pyra.. , but at least it’s good to know the Pyra could run DVD, CD, and even 3.5 Zoll Disquettes …. ^^

I don’t think it’s an issue, it’s was just out of curiosity if the Pyra could work whit the DVD/CD ROM Drive/Burner I bought last week..

I have a USB DVD Burner, but the one I have needs 2 USB plug to be working. How did you connect yours to the pyra? If you connected directly, I suggest you use a powered usb hub instead, to be sure the DVD Burner have enough juice to work properly.

Yes, my USB DVD burner also came with a USB Y-plug. As I recall using my laptop, the drive generally gets enough power to read a CD or DVD through one port, but struggles to burn using only one USB port's power.

My Connection is this Pyra - USB3 Hub whit Keyboard, Mouse - Powered USB 3 Hub - Y Cable of the DVD/CD Drive , so it should get enough power ..

this connection over the 2 Hubs is also meant for the Phytian, so I could bring everything to the USB 3 Port , but when I think about it, I should maybe connect Mouse and Keyboard directly ..

Im writing this whit my cool new Cherry Keyboard on the Pyra, seems to work and to have some nice Color Options, but i have the Issue now that my Layoat is a bit screwed up, it thinks its a English Keyboard but it should be a German Layoat, so how do i change the Layoat of an USB Keyboard, i cant even make questions marks..

If the Desktop Environement is still Mate it should have a keyboard configuration option in your main menu settings somewhere. In that, select layout, and add a DE layout. Okay that then choose your DE (german) keyboard from the options menu. At least that's what I read.

Last edited:
Ok, i found an option, allthough it ditnt know my model, but now it should work.. äöüqwetzuiopü

Now i need to find out how to set up these blinking lights ^^ Maybe i should look in the Manual ..

If your model's firmware does not allow to configure the keyboard lighting directly via special shortcuts, you might have more success with OpenRGB.

At least I found a bit out what buttons make what, this Keyboard seems to be quite entertaining ^^
I think I will have a look on OpenRGB on the Phytian as this Keyboard was more meant to be for this Computer then for the Pyra…

It’s interesting that it’s not that easy I thought to made it work on the Pyra.. and I’m a bit worried that I screw the Layout of the Pyra Keys when I make something in the Keyboard Settings ..

You should be able to store settings for both keyboards in the applet. I'd have thought the pyra keyboard would be a US keyboard. The only question in my mind now if how the interaction of funkeymonkey applies here.

As i dont know if i would have until then the Phytian, but i beliefe the things to do are the same also on Pyra, i need to know how to setup everyithing for a Zoom Meeting on Pyra, as the next beeceeper Conferenc will be in Zoom..

Could it be that the Pyra Batterie Live is not the best yet? I played about an Hour yesterday (a few different Tetris Variants on SNES9XEX+, and Ultimative Stunts), whit Sound over Bluetooth to Airpods Max, and i lost about 50 %

Could it be that the Pyra Batterie Live is not the best yet? I played about an Hour yesterday (a few different Tetris Variants on SNES9XEX+, and Ultimative Stunts), whit Sound over Bluetooth to Airpods Max, and i lost about 50 %
Had heavy Bluetooth activity, likely WiFi as well as it's on by default, playing a several games one fairly 3D heavy... It's likely kind of expected battery usage. On the Pandora we had a bunch of scripts that disabled things to save battery life, something similar could be setup.

Ok so i will test the next time whitout Wifi, whit dissabled Keyboard Light, but Bluetooth is needed as i found it quite comfortable to play whitout an anoying Cable..
Only issue i have is that when i dissabled WIFI, i need the Pyra to reeboot to enable WIFI again.. maybe i make the next Pyra Gaming Seassion tomorrow whit Time and Batterie Gauge noted..

Another Issue i could have is that my Batterie Cover dosnt hold that good, so somethimes the Pyra shows an Empty Batterie, but its only needs to put back in correctly..

I dont know if its the fault of the Batterie Cover, i have allready put in a sheat of Paper to fitten the Batterie a bit
I think the next Play Seasion will be whit Batterie Saving stuff, the Keyboard light is still fancy for such a small device, but the Lightshow that my big RGB Keyboard makes is a lot cooler.. and whyle you play, you know where your buttons are..

Back