Brief Answers to the Big (Pyra) Questions

How are DBP Updates meant to do: let’s say Wally makes an updated Version of Pcsxreaemed. where he ads the right nub, do I just have to change the existing dbp file on my packages folder to the new on, and can let the Appdata untouched??
delete the old DBP, download his new DBP. appdata shouldn't matter and can be left alone. Although there may be occasions where you may need to clear it, this I don't believe is one of them.

Ok thanks for the answer
I also wonder where to get all these informations, how the DBP System works, and other things..
Shure whe have the Members whit Development Experience, whe can ask, but seems like it’s a bit difficult on this development state ..

On the other side, I think I can be proud about my success until now ^^

It's basically the same as PNDs were, back in the days before all the helper apps appeared that updated our PNDs for us. There are some more powerful features in it, but I don't think they affect updating them at all.

The last time i used my Pyra was on Sunday, dit whe got new Updates since then?
And if i would make a Video, where i run all of the 3 Existing Emulators (PCSX, Muppen, Drastic) Simultanisly, would i break something or would the Pyra only drain a bit more batterie, and they will be too slow ?

The following packages have had security issues fixed since Sunday:
chromium, gdisk, intel-microcode, connman, golang-1.11, and openjpeg2, privoxy and wireshark

Those are reported for the x86 packages I assume, so for example the intel-microcode revision is very unlikely to bite you. Other things like golang, prixoxy and wireshark are highly unlikely to be installed and even then are generally only install when you need to do something specific. That leaves chromium, gdisk, connman and openjpeg2. You may well have gdisk installed but you're probably not using it so it can't bite you. You either have chromium and connman installed or you don't, and you probably have openjpeg2 installed as a dependency by a web browser, or an office suite, or a graphics package, but I can't say how exploitable this bug is in the wild. Personally, I'd just update rather than spending the time to figure out if I should or not.

Edit: Regarding running emulators simultaneously, if they're windowed, I'd expect them all to run just fine, but maybe a little more slowly. If they're competing for the framebuffer then that behaviour's probably not very well tested and may well result in a crash, but it shouldn't take the machine down. If you lose access to the keyboard you might be forced to reboot, but that's about the worst that should normally happen. And yes, I'd expect doing that would eat thought the battery rather quickly, because I assume they're not using all CPU resources at present. Maybe the screen scaling is taking a chunk of time and CPU ticks though, so perhaps it'll just share those out amongst the three apps and not actually run any harder.

If you want to monitor battery usage, there should be a folder called /sys/class/power_supply/ with a battery folder in it (generally something beginning with 'b') and inside that there should be various files the main on of interest is probably the one called current_now, which'll if you cat it will tell you the current rate of battery drain in something like tenths of a milliamp. You could run something like 'while true; do cat /sys/class/power_supply/b*/current_now; sleep 1; done' to print out the current drain every second or thereabouts.

Last edited:
Is the USB Port allways Active? So per exemble: My Pyra is now connectet to a USB Main Adapter to recharge, could i just put a Apple Watch Charging Cable in the USB Port and charge my Watch whyle the Pyra gets recharged?

EDIT: Ok ditnt charge when the Pyra is off, makes sense..
Also it should charge faster when i dont draw power from the Unit whyle it gets power..

Last edited:
What are actually the Plans on the Low Power Mode, and the whole Power System at all?
Its great to have USB Micro and the abillity to charge whit a Powerbank, i have a 6000mah Powerbank whit me which gives the Pyra some extra Juice if needed,
When i work on Documents, i then send per Thunderbird, its shows about 2 Hours left whit 80 %, whit Keyboard Light on the lowest level, and display also one over off.., Bluethooth, and WIFI are on because i dotnt shut them down every time..

After the Batterie got warm, its needs a bit until the Pyra can get recharged..

Low power mode needs someone to instrument the machine, and then test every part of the machine in isolation were possible, and set of features and check they add up.

Instrumenting the machine might mean simply logging the data in /sys/class/power_supply/b*/current_now along with the time and noting down at what time you're testing specific features.

If i dont know the Name of the Software i want in Symnaptic, is there a way to search for the "Task" ?
Per exemple: I would like to have something simular to Garageband, some sort of a Software that let you connect an Guitar Intervace and acts as a Virtual Amp

Ok, so not that confortable like on Ubuntu Software Center, seems like the Pyra is nothing for noobs .

Next Question: Is the Pyra for Noobs??
And are im a Noob? Or dit my now 12 Years of Membership in this Boards qualify me to not be a Noob??

• Haha
Reactions: rSl
You are not likely to find anything if you search garageband on synaptic or ubuntu-software-centre, as there is no application named garageband in linux. So you may search that using some search engine. However it may be possible to search for application category in synaptic, like you may try searching for "music player" or "music management" and hope to find something.
Post automatically merged:

Another good source to search for linux applications is application list on arch wiki.

Would this work out of the box? Or do i need a diverent Audio Software: whit the Build In Audio, it was quite Easy to connect to my Bluetooth Headphones, and change the Output to them..
Ok i will try Guitarix out, but dotnt expect good Guitar Playing on the Video..

Ok, Guitarix is now installed, and i made a quick test run (Whitout Guitar), at least its load the GUI, but i get some Errors because it cant connect to the Jack Server?
Its also got an Option where you dotnt need jack..

If i dont have a Cable for the Irig: Would the Micro USB Ports also work as Host? Or are they only or Charging?

You can often search the repos if you can find a natural english name for what you want to do, but names like garageband refer to commercial software that I'm not even quite sure what it does. If I don't know I really wouldn't expect a computer to know.

Garageband is a Musik Maker Software on Apple Devices, whit a lot diverent Virtual Instruments, like Keyboard, Drums, etc, and you can even record your own tracks, and its got a Guitar Amp which is quite praktical as you could in theory just grap your Guitar, the Cable and your Phone, and you have your amp.. its "free" on the smaller IOS Devices under Ipad.., but the App ist about 2 gb..

Back