• COMMUNICATION:
    • Bluetooth 5 (including Low Energy)

• FEATURES:
    • Sensors: Accelerometer, PPG Heart Rate Sensor
    • Actuator: Vibrator

• BATTERY:
    • Built-in LiPo 170-180mAh battery
    • Charging: Proprietary 2pin 5V 500mA, USB type A plug

What do i need when i want to go full Pyra on my Work Desk ??
- External USB HardDrive, USB3 Hub, Keyboard, Mouse, and a Desk USB Supply that even powers the GPDWIN, as like a HDMI Adapter for the TV i use as Monitor is allready there,

Do whe have allready software for "Word/Ecxel" and PDF? , GIMP, Blender, Printer Drivers?

Is it realistic that somewhone could go full Pyra if he dont need Windows Software?, or are there Task, you cant do whit it?
I dont need to compile software, and i dont make Audio or Video Prozessing,

If this works, i also would like to watch some Video on this thing, like from Youtube, Netflix, Disney + and Amazon Prime..

Whit Full Pyra, i mean that i dont want to need a "Normal" PC, The Pyra will be my Emulation and Homebrew Toy, Notebook, and everything else,
It want be my Phone, as i have also the Iphone, which will be also used for Musik, Photo, Video, and for use whit the Apple Watch..

Libreoffice can handle Word and Excel files of various generations with aplomb, and can generate PDFs well. I use mupdf for viewing PDFs although there are plenty of alternatives.

Printer drivers I wouldn't really know about. I only really print out lists and things so I can take them away with me and check them off, and with something as light and portable as a Pyra I can just take the whole computer with me and tick things off in software.

I think I've seen GIMP running, so that just leaves Blender. I think there's a problem running the latest version, but we should be able to build an old version just fine, reportedly.

Most printers work with default setup using cups/foomatic/gutenprint. Samsung/HP drivers can installed using their official linux software support (hplip/splix).

Libreoffice is now installed by default on debian distributions, which is the base of Pyra OS.
Same with printer services, most printers work out of the box, but there are a few companies that still hold tight to proprietary drivers.

Video streaming is a tough to say at this point, last I knew current desktop browsers have certain DRM built into them which enables the major streaming services to work properly (or put them at ease to allow their service to work on Browsers), last I knew this wasn't available on ARM browser builds, this is a few year old statement, would need to re-investigate. Also hardware video acceleration wasn't working when I last played on my devboard, it may have been fixed now, video scaling wasn't working and I was heavily reliant on the CPU to decode .H264 videos and what not.

Last edited:
Thanks for the Answers, so this means i can go "Full Pyra" , in worst Case, i even could mail the Documents to my Printer
I used the Printer also on Ubunbu on my Thinkpad, but never on my Pandora..

I red a bit in the Old Newsposts today, and i found that whe have 2 Micro USB Ports, one is Charging/Debug and the other is Micro USB3 OTG,
How will it be made shure that i dont plug a Charging Cable in the wrong Port?
On the Pandora, it was quite Easy: Whe had a Round PSP Charging Port, this was Ideots Proof..

Or was it so that you can use booth Ports and the Power Circuit made it work?

Seems like this Thread will get a lot of Posts when the Pyra will got shipped ^^

I red a bit in the Old Newsposts today, and i found that whe have 2 Micro USB Ports, one is Charging/Debug and the other is Micro USB3 OTG,
How will it be made shure that i dont plug a Charging Cable in the wrong Port?
On the Pandora, it was quite Easy: Whe had a Round PSP Charging Port, this was Ideots Proof..

Or was it so that you can use booth Ports and the Power Circuit made it work?

Seems like this Thread will get a lot of Posts when the Pyra will got shipped ^^
AFAIR, both ports can charge. In case they don't, micro USB type 3 looks different from regular micro USB port, so it shouldn't be a problem.

To clear up a bit of the above confusion.

MicroUSB - the standard/normal microUSB charging cable of which most of us likely have dozens lying around can plug into EITHER the microUSB/serial charging port OR the microUSB 3.0 "wide" port.

Think of the microUSB 3.0 "wide" port as a normal microUSB port with another little port next to it.

When you plug the special microUSB 3.0 "wide" cable into it, it effectively has the functionality of a USB 3.0 Type A port that can flip between being a host or device port.

But - yes, you CAN plug your normal microUSB charging cable into either of them.

Thanks for the Answers,
could i also plug 2 Micro USB Cables in and charge faster? Or is then the Input Current to high ?

And what happens if i use the Wide Cable for Charging?

Thanks for the Answers,
could i also plug 2 Micro USB Cables in and charge faster? Or is then the Input Current to high ?

And what happens if i use the Wide Cable for Charging?
I wouldn't recommend using two cables for charging, instead use fast charger supplying more amp. I am not even sure if is it safe to use two charger simultaneously.

Assuming by wide cable you mean USB type3 cable. It is wide to provide faster data transfer using usb3 protocol, it has nothing to do with charging speed.

Ok, then, i think i will just use 1 Cable from my Anker Power Supply to the Pyra, its 2,4 Ampere per Port, so this should be enough..
Im happy that i dont need the PSP Charger anymore on the Pyra

And if I remember correctly Pyra's charging circuit will not accept > 3 amp

I don't think amps work that way. Your power supply should at least be able to cope with the power demands of the device, but being rated higher just generally means the power supply (transformer) gets less hot.

I searched old posts where ToastBucket posted that bootloader can now use 2 amp max.

Last edited:
Back