Bricked Gpx2

jankster

Still Fresh
just tried uodatin me gp2x with firmm ware 2 11 and just stays on loading screen is there any thing i can do or is it dead any help would be nice thank you lol

hm cant seem to get it to work ive downloaded firmware 2.0.0 and extracted the file s to formated card and basically did wot it said but it just stays on the green load screen ive seen no upgradin firmware screen...
when i extracted the file to the card ther 2 files which are still zipped od compressd gp2xnand.tar.gz and gp2xfs.tar.gz.....hmm i usually ok at this sort of thing but ive seemed to of lost it at the mo

lol hmm getting stressed now... so isis it totoally knackerd is ther gamepark holding web site i can go to seeing it was ther firmware and ask there google it bit there page aint working

if start+select mean at the same time when bootin then yeah ....igot the first edition gp2x does that make any differant ive upgraded to 1.4 before with no probs idid it by the book clean formatnew batts but no luck this time i dont no .. i was enjoying cps2 as well ohdear lol

i boot up whille pressingstart and select the screen goes white for a second then to the black gp2x screen then to the green loading screen then i wait but it just stay s

is this the only wayno more ways to may be get it to boot seems abit cack to be able to kill a 120 quid hand held by updating

ive obviously got a differnet problem from every one else because i could see the green load screen but it just dont boot

You said you had FW 1.4.0.
Did you try to upgrade to 2.1.1 directly from 1.4.0?

That doesn't work, as FW 2.0.0 creates a totally different filesystem.

If you tried to upgrade from 1.4.0, you still have the old bootloader which doesn't need START and SELECT pressed (that's for the bootloader from FW 2.0.0 and up).
It should automatically start the flashing process when the files are on the root of the card.
However, FW 1.4.0 bootloader wasn't that compatible. You might need a different card.
You can also try to use a cleanly formatted SD Card with just those files on. But it needs to be compatible...

i changed the cardto a scandisk 64mb with 1.4 it updated and hs now gone to the loaading screen does it take a while to load

afew minutes have past still green loading screen

iwould like to say thank you to evil dragon with your patiance and advice i keeped trying and now ive un bricked me gp2x thankyou thank you very much... i was that close to buying another one...its all about trial and error like every thing in life...ingnorance sux.cheers

Well, when you get to the green screen, you're too far already.
After the black gp2x Screen at the beginning it should upgrade.

Does the black screen say V2 on it?

Back