Jtag Cable

efegea

I think I've bricked my 2x. Well not bricked but it doesn't see the contents of any SD/MMC card, but it did before. I did format my previously working SD to FAT32 and put the firmware update files on it, turned on the gp2x and it did hang on the green loading screen. Now it doesn't see the SD card nor the MMC card I have.

A j-tag could help me to resolve my problem, do you now from where can I get one, if it is possible to get one of course :D

PD: sorry my bad spelling :)

efegea posted on Dec 6 2005 at 02:02 PM said:
I think I've bricked my 2x. Well not bricked but it doesn't see the contents of any SD/MMC card, but it did before. I did format my previously working SD to FAT32 and put the firmware update files on it, turned on the gp2x and it did hang on the green loading screen. Now it doesn't see the SD card nor the MMC card I have.

A j-tag could help me to resolve my problem, do you now from where can I get one, if it is possible to get one of course :D

PD: sorry my bad spelling :)
There isn't a JTAG cable available for the GP2X yet, just a serial one.

I dont think your GP2X sounds like it needs one though so a serial cable might be all you need.

http://www.nigelibrown.pwp.blueyonder.co.u...erial/index.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
a serial cable gives you a way to use the machine through a 'back door', and you can pretty much still totally screw things up with a serial cable, bricking your GP2X, whereas JTAG gives you a way to dig through the machines' entrails and insert code in what would normally be a bricked device ..

JTAG lets you debug the hardware directly; serial just gives you a way around the GP2X' user interface, which may (or may not) be fubar'ed, depending on the nature of you brickin' ..

Back