BreakQuest - Nurium Games

Ian J

Advanced Member
Bought this years ago and recently decided to give it another go but I can't get it to work on Windows 7 x64.

The company site says they are working on a new project and will be back in 2014, I've tried emailing but no reply.

Anyone know if there is a patch for this to work on newer systems?

Absolutely gutted as this is one of the best brick breakers I've ever played.

Try running it in a VM? What OS was it intended for?
Can you point me in the right direction to try this.
Virtualbox or Microsoft virtual PC, them are both free (the first is also open source).

Them are PC emulators, so at the first run you will be asked to create a virtual hard drive, after that you just start that virtual machine with a windows xp cd in the drive, so to install the OS on the virtual hard drive, like in a "real" pc.

After that you will be able to run windows xp OVER windows 7. (You can also run Windows Xp Windowed in Windows 7 :D )

If you are on windows 7 pro you get a free XP license for the Microsoft virtual machine. Otherwise yes you want to probably check out virtualbox

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to dig up old threads but I was looking through some old game purchases and thought I'd try this again.

Would you believe it's now free and after downloading it from their site I tried it and it works on Windows x64.

http://nurium.com/breakquest.html

Back