Gp2x Games

JARED

Still Fresh
This is my first post on this site, so if you think my this is stupid Im sorry for wasting your time by posting this. My psp bricked recently so I decided to look for a new kind of handheld system that was better than the psp and I found it, The GP2X now I was just playing my psp for the homebrew because all the UMD's are all the same. The only game that's good out on the psp is GTA:LCS . So Im going buy a GP2X and I just want to know does it just do homebrew or dose it have games of it's own, like little disc that you can put in and play like the psp. Can someone let me know I've been every where looking for games for the GP2X :huh:

Well instead of a little disc it has a little SD Flash card. Not one per game though. Instead you just fill up the single card with all the games it can hold.

The flip side is that there are no commercial games (yet), so right now it's only homebrew and a bunch of emulated games you can play.

There *may* be commercial games, but not much anyway. If you like oldschool games from the Snes etc glory days, GP is for you (have a lok at the files on this site, and remember most have only had the console for less than a month)! If that dosnt intrest you, go get yourself a DS, because it wipes the floor with the PSP :D (and you can homebrew on it aswell, although its a bit more footery to get it working)

I'm really big on old games any thing for PSX to atari is what I've been playing for some reason i break all the new systems, But do you think they will have any commercial games in the future, or if not for the GP2X for the XGP, But ither than that I can't wait to start playing PSX on GP2X. :D

There's a pretty good chance, imo. But if the homebrew is of similar quality to that which the GP32 was (GPFinalWar, KoF94, SmashGP, Giana's Return, to name but a few games that were a fair way into commercial quality) then it shouldn't matter whether there are or not, tbh.

JARED posted on Dec 22 2005 at 10:46 AM said:
I'm really big on old games any thing for PSX to atari is what I've been playing for some reason i break all the new systems, But do you think they will have any commercial games in the future, or if not for the GP2X for the XGP, But ither than that I can't wait to start playing PSX on GP2X. :D

The XGP will have commercial games, since it is designed to be a competitor to the PSP, DS and whatnot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back