Boy, That Was A Dumb Move.

badegg

Still Fresh
So I've been goofing around with my new Wiz all week - trying to get this emu to work, trying to get that rom to run, etc.

I'm unplugging the thing, plugging it back in, sometimes I stop the device (Windows), sometimes I don't (Slackware). All of a sudden, I CAN'T DELETE FILES ANYMORE. In Linux, I get a "permissions" error (checked that I can read and write to mounted dev), and in Windows I get "file system corrupted." Great. Just when I had the thing to almost where I wanted it (still playing with the Amiga emu - can't wait to get that baby going). This is all in NAND, by the way. Haven't p/u a SD card yet.

Checked the forums - nothing. So, okay. I backed up all the folders, and tried to unmount/format the NAND memory to FAT32. Now in Linux I can't get it to mount/unmount. Okay. So booted back into Windows and held my breath as I formatted the Linux-based Wiz in Windows using FAT32 and a system name of "Wiz" (was showing up as "734 MB Memory Device" in Linux).

It formatted. I ejected/unplugged it from my laptop. Okay, the system still works, but there is nothing on it except for the time, settings, calculator, and media player.

Plugged it back in. The NAND sort-of formatted itself, because it added 3 folders - flash, game, and music. Copied all my folders back (still in Windows). BOOM, back in business.

If this happens to you, you can follow these steps. They worked for me this one time. I'm not going to try to duplicate my efforts (unless the system corrupts again).

I must say, I love this thing. It's a dream-come-true for guys like me who used to pump the arcade machines full of quarters playing Bubble Bobble, Splatter House, Ninja Gaiden, and Double Dragon. Plus, there's all the other systems it will run if you are feeling especially nostalgic.

i had that problem, too. re-flash with the latest firmware and everything will work fine again. and also avoid using the NAND, it's crap. i'm using SD card now without problems...

Can u tell me how to reflash without an sd card? I've done the same thing... things are missing/screwy/etc now.
Thanks!

Back