Release Bork'd

Have you ever had one of those bad days where none of your PNDs actually launched, and you eventually found out that was because of some random PND that crashed three hours ago, and there was nothing left to do but restart your Pandora? Yeah, we all have.

Well, now there's an answer to your prayers for such a borked system: Bork'd! Better than Björk, Bork'd forcibly kills any hanging PNDs and frees up the loop devices for use by other PNDs, essentially resetting your system, without all the messy actual resetting.

This is still beta, as there's one point I'm not entirely sure about and would appreciate feedback on:

- Should I use "umount -l" or just plain "umount"? Does it make a difference?

Also, will highly appreciate anyone who can make a cool logo with springs flying everywhere or something. I'll even throw in a $10 prize (payable through PayPal) for the best logo (as chosen by me or community vote). Winner to be chosen and payment to be delivered (if anybody participates) on June 3rd or 4th.

Please report any bugs you find here so I can fix them before calling this 1.0.0.0.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never had that problem either :huh: But whats wrong with a reset that takes less than a minute?

it happen, tho i never had that issue with sebt3 new runscript.

anyway, for your question about -l and regular umount. your better off using umount (since its the clean way of unmounting), but if it fail and you are unable to find why (lsof tell you nada), then umount -l will essentially force it to umount, no matter if its in use or not, and as such, could cause corruption.

That's why developing without a unit isn't recommended, you miss those fundamental subtleties. The quick fix, of course, is to extract the script to /usr/bin (or just /bin) on the NAND and give it a .desktop file. I'll look into creating an installer/uninstaller (as exists for Java, Timidity, etc) soon.

The same way that you would use a solar-powered umbrella.

Something like this? http://club.telepolis.com/elcatamaran/barbacoa-solar/

cocina%20solar%20i%20cesar%20006.jpg

One of many very efficient Solar cooker designs based on Umbrellas such as the SunBrella, Umbroiler, Umbroyler etc

Back