Bored

yupster

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
yeah im really bored could anyone recomend some good games (preferabley rpgs) and also if there is a list of compatible roms for mame could somebody maybe tell me where to find that as well thanks

~yupster

LMAO, let me most 99.9% of the good RPG's are on SNES and most of the really good ones aren't playab;e or they are on Playstation which is not at all. Your best bet is to play emulation on the PC or XBOX for RPG's. As usual i am waiting for the 13 year old kids to comments here.... :rolleyes:

Play Mystic Quest (aka Final Fantasy Adventure; it's not a FF game though, but the prequel to Secret of Mana. jap. title: Seiken Densetsu 1) for the classic Gameboy.

Good story, beautyful music, action-oriented gameplay, magic, items, leveling, everything's there. ;-)

Just be sure to have some spare keys with you all the time, because there's one point in the late game where you can get trapped if you don't have keys with you and then you have to start the game over. X-(

Soleil for the Mega Drive is nice, too. Very good gfx for the Mega Drive.

Phantasy Star for Master System is supposedly very good, I haven't played it yet, though.

Neutopia for the PC Engine is really good, if you liked the first Zelda for NES. It's basically the same game, only with much better GFX and music.

Phantasy Star series in general is good. 2-4 work well with DrMD.

Then there are 3 Final Fantasy games for NES, aswell as few Dragon Quest/Warrior games.

firefly1201 posted on Jul 2 2005 at 06:20 AM said:
If you are happy playing without music, Seiken Densetsu 3 on the Snes in a good bet.

What do you mean with out music? Are you talking baout on the GP32? I could not get Seiken Densetsu 3 aka Secret of Mana 3 to work to do it's rom size. If you have please do share what emulator you are using and which english patches version etc?

Last edited by a moderator:
RPGS: Currently playing Warlock of Firetop Mountain (GP32), Dragon Warrior 3 (GBC), and Phantasy Star 4 (GEN). For SNES, Osnes9xGP 0.2, 'nuff said.

let's see, FF3 is quite playable on a 166 gp32... with sound if you do a bit of playing with the frame skips, Ctrigger as well if you don't mind making bg layers disapear every now and then

all the Dragon Warrior games that were redone for snes and translated(patch available at the whirlpool) patch isn't illegal to own so I can tell you that... lol

tombs and treasure for nes is kinda cool

chaos seed is amazing but not translated

ff1 for wonderswan with the translation patch of course

anyhow.. those'll keep you busy.

Dryer Lint posted on Jul 2 2005 at 09:56 AM said:
Play Mystic Quest (aka Final Fantasy Adventure; it's not a FF game though, but the prequel to Secret of Mana. jap. title: Seiken Densetsu 1) for the classic Gameboy.

Good story, beautyful music, action-oriented gameplay, magic, items, leveling, everything's there. ;-)

Just be sure to have some spare keys with you all the time, because there's one point in the late game where you can get trapped if you don't have keys with you and then you have to start the game over. X-(

Soleil for the Mega Drive is nice, too. Very good gfx for the Mega Drive.

Phantasy Star for Master System is supposedly very good, I haven't played it yet, though.

Neutopia for the PC Engine is really good, if you liked the first Zelda for NES. It's basically the same game, only with much better GFX and music.

I thought mystic queat was part of the final fantasy series of games on snes and gameboy? The snes one was definitley called Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest

Last edited by a moderator:
And if your bored and want some RPG's or just good games to play, how about loading up fGB32 and start with:

-Harvet Moon (1,2,3)
-Metal Gear Solid
-Final Fantasy Legend (1,2,3)
-Final Fantasy Adventure
-Dragon Warrior 3
-Dragon Warrior Monsters
-Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Ages
-Zelda: Links Awakening DX
-Lufia: The Legend Returns

Its a great list of games that are all 100% playble at fullspeed with great sound. Try them. :)

Back