Boolean Soup Competition 2006/2007

Rincewind

Still Fresh
Hey all.

Some of you might already have heard about Boolean Soup, the site where most of the English/International Fenix community resides. It was founded on the ashes of DIV-Arena (some might know it - the language DIV was the original inspiration for Fenix) by a bunch of it's old members. The site has game galleries (you can upload your own games and comment on each others games), worklogs, a great forum and more.

Now I have interesting news - in 2 days a theme-based game development competition will kick off, with big prizes. And as we are not that big as a community, we'll be happy with every extra game programmer that will join in. Your chances are pretty high thus.

Any programming language (and surely fenix) will be accepted, and you're strongly encouraged to keep worklogs on Boolean Soup and share in the fun. :) If you're using Fenix, please make it a Windows/Linux game instead of GP32/GP2X.

You can enter any moment you wish, so you don't necessarily have to start when the competition officially starts, but you could also wait till christmas or anything. The competition will run for the long time of 4 months. Oh, and the first prize will be an awesome hardware item of choice, with possible choices a 5.25 megapixel digital camera, a printer/scanner/copier combo machine, a Geforce 7600 graphics card and more!

We are allowing teams of 2 persons, or you could of course enter alone. We have special team prizes so each team member will get something if the team wins.

The contest will start the 5th of october, and that day 4 themes will appear on our website (you can pick one you like to make a game after).

Hope to see you around at Boolean Soup! :D

The competition has started and the 4 themes have been announced, so head over to Boolean Soup!

Also feel free to enter the competition in the middle of it, you don't necessarily have to start when the compo starts (although it does give you more time of course, but then again probably nobody will work around the clock).

Hope to have you with us Goity and Moogle. :)

It's not obliged, but it is strongly encouraged. You can drop a worklog entry whenever you feel like it though, that can be once every 2 weeks or whenever you feel you have something to show or tell. It's just for fun, to tease eachother and get some feedback and stuff. :)

Rincewind posted on Oct 7 2006 at 09:20 PM said:
It's not obliged, but it is strongly encouraged. You can drop a worklog entry whenever you feel like it though, that can be once every 2 weeks or whenever you feel you have something to show or tell. It's just for fun, to tease eachother and get some feedback and stuff. :)
But will it influence judging?

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope I find the time to enter, I really wanna do something with pirates and/or ninjas!!!!

A big AY to all pirates! I love em!

Quiest posted on Oct 12 2006 at 06:07 PM said:
I hope I find the time to enter, I really wanna do something with pirates and/or ninjas!!!!

A big AY to all pirates! I love em!
Yaaaarrrrrrrr :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back