Gp2x-2006 Coding Competition Starts Today

Guyfawkes

Certified Idiot :)
Website
www.emuholic.com
The GP2X-2006 Coding Competition run by Emuholic.com and GP2X.co.uk (GBAX) starts today. Up for grabs is the main prize of a 4 GB Secure Digital Card + GP2X TV Out Cable + GP2X Case and GP2X Screen Protector, second and third prizes are also available. To enter, make a game, port, demo, emulator or application that runs on the GP2X. Both beginner and experienced coders are welcome to enter, its not always the best looking game that wins!

Full details can be found on the GP2X-2006 Coding Competition page here, a mirror is available on the Emuholic server here.

Good luck to all that enter!

ooohh! let the games begin i suppose! :D

*sits back to watch the fireworks*

Guyfawkes posted on Feb 2 2006 at 12:09 AM said:
The GP2X-2006 Coding Competition run by Emuholic.com and GP2X.co.uk (GBAX) starts today. Up for grabs is the main prize of a 4 GB Secure Digital Card + GP2X TV Out Cable + GP2X Case and GP2X Screen Protector, second and third prizes are also available. To enter, make a game, port, demo, emulator or application that runs on the GP2X. Both beginner and experienced coders are welcome to enter, its not always the best looking game that wins!

Ha! I have an insane programing idea... There are 20 days to make it so... it's fair even that I'm so inexperienced with gp2x and Arm assembler.

I'm not an artist so it will not (if it will) be looking best but... it should be quite respectable...

Guyfawkes posted on Feb 2 2006 at 12:09 AM said:
Full details can be found on the GP2X-2006 Coding Competition page here, a mirror is available on the Emuholic server here.

Good luck to all that enter!

Thank you for giving a motivation to do something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Paradox posted on Feb 1 2006 at 10:46 PM said:
wow a 4GB card..i wish i could program.
what's preventing you from learning? I'm learning right now.... I hope to have something done by the deadline, but I don't expect it to be very good... I just covered the basics of c/c++ and now I'm about to learn SDL.

what's that?! who shouted "fullspeed gba emulator"?! who?!

:unsure:

Wow awesome prize. I wish I could code something, I have had my sights on a 4 Gig card for awhile but they are expensive.

Good luck coders, 4 Gig holds a LOT of pr0n :p

DaveC posted on Feb 1 2006 at 11:11 PM said:
Wow awesome prize. I wish I could code something, I have had my sights on a 4 Gig card for awhile but they are expensive.

Seriously though... with your dedication it would probably easy to learn :p

I just realized something. If mATkEUpON gets his GP2X in and ports SmashGP in time, I think he'll be a shoe-in! ;)

It doesn't. I sure hope it is added in future releases; otherwise, the winner might be a little disappointed :D . On the other hand, I would be really happy to just win even if there were no prizes.

so if you're a dev and have something ready for release, you're probably gonna keep it under your hat for a few weeks now yeah?

the 20th/21st of february is gonna be a fun time.

deadlychicken22 posted on Feb 2 2006 at 12:07 AM said:
Paradox posted on Feb 1 2006 at 10:46 PM said:
wow a 4GB card..i wish i could program.
what's preventing you from learning? I'm learning right now.... I hope to have something done by the deadline, but I don't expect it to be very good... I just covered the basics of c/c++ and now I'm about to learn SDL.
Go for it :)
My first game was about 6 days from start to finish, mostly a few hours in the evenings. The code is probably shockingly bad but it works (just). The more people that try their hand at it the better I think.

I noticed that you can enter games that have been released prior to the 1st provided they have significant updates for the contest. My game was finished about a day or two before the competition so I am planning doing some new bits for it. Just entering is exciting enough for me :)

Chimpoid

Oh, I would have waited after releasing Exult :(

I think there is not anything to be included that can be considered significantly updated :(

Well, I suppose I can update my other projects or start a new one :unsure:

Back