Bob?

OliG

Still Fresh
What can i use in the BoB? Can I use USB Joypads, 360 Wired Joypads and what else can i use?
And also can i get something for it that gives me wifi capability?

Wi fi is possible, but people use it only as a proof of concept, it will cause a lot of headache to work and require specific wifi chip.

As far as I remember, someone asked few days ago whether the 360 usb joypads were compatible, and no one said they were not, since they don't need special drivers under windows or mac it is possible they will be usable with the BOB, but if I were you I would get myself a cheap usb joypad that has enough buttons for SNES/MD/GBA etc... and spare the 360 joypad for 360 gaming.

beside the game pads (which means mutli player in PicoDrive and MAME), you can attach a dance mat for Beat2x, a hard drive (you will suffer though cause BOB only support usb 1.1), a keyboard, mouse, Card reader for common flash cards, and... that's what I have in mind right now, have I forgetten anything guys?

As far as I know, the commercial one is the same, it is not because of the board itself, it is because GP2X EXT port only allows USB 1.1, but let me tell you that 1.1 is not that bad, you can still do your setup you dreamed of and performence shouldn't go that much down, unless we are talking Neo Geo or PSX emulation here, for anything else, it should be ok cause roms will be uploadded to the RAM once and that's all you need.

nowaycomputer posted on Dec 11 2006 at 07:03 PM said:
Damn, the Bob only suppports USB 1.1?

Anyone know if the commercial one will be USB 2.0 or just 1.1? I had a plan to get myself another external HD, load it up with every rom known to man.

As for gamepads, ebest24 has a (basically a PSX) controller for £4.49 + £2.99 delivery (99p per item after per item after that)
http://www.ebest24.co.uk/products/computer...controller.html

Or £5.57 with free delivery :)
http://www.ebest24.com/product_info.php?cP...products_id=194

Last edited by a moderator:
Back