Board Revisions

benjymous

Website
grapefruitopia.com
Out of curiosity, I'm trying to figure out the differences between the Pandora board revisions, I know MK0 is the dev board, but Craig stated that the production run boards will be MK2 ("MK1 has served its purpose")

Was MK1 a later revision dev board? I know different devs seem to have different revisions of the hardware - e.g. Zodttd keeps talking about screen rotation slowing down the PSX emulation, which apparently doesn't affect EvilDragon's board, which implies Zod's board is an earlier revision. But ED has a MK0 :wacko:

Just a wild guess, but the OMAP3530 had a bug in its Neon set. Maybe thats why ED's MK1 is running better ( newer silicon version of the omap, aka, bug bye bye ). But, as i understand it, the image scaling is a DSP function, is it being done software matic, or the rotation also? For the rest, its unknown what the differences are between the MK0, MK1 and MK2 ...

Ps: it stands to reason that ED has a MK1 or MK2. Its going to be strange if they create & produce newer version's without the core developers gaining test sample's...

Back