Bluetooth audio on the Pyra

TheSC3000

Still Fresh
I've looked online and Bluetooth audio on the Pandora didn't seem to work very well, and I haven't seen a single post made by someone who got all audio from the system to be sent to a wireless speaker. I'd like to know if the Pyra can stream a video via Wi-Fi while sending the audio to a Bluetooth receiver.

I think ED had the bluetooth speaker functionality working on the Pandora but I haven't tried it myself. The hardware is working but I think no one made it simple yet.
If I remember correctly he had a custom script to get it working.

I think ED had the bluetooth speaker functionality working on the Pandora but I haven't tried it myself. The hardware is working but I think no one made it simple yet.
If I remember correctly he had a custom script to get it working.
Actually I've had no trouble even on a stock setup getting my bluetooth headphones or my Car's sound system working on the Pandora, I just sync to it. However getting all the sounds from every program requires a script to change the default output. However my use case is just media playback and with smplayer2 and kodi you can easily change the output to the bluetooth device.

PulseAudio will make it much easier on the Pyra.

I don't think BT on the Pandora is that bad. Sure I need a setting and pnd for file receive, and a pnd for BT network sharing, but it does work. Never messed with BT headphones or speaker though.

To echo what's been said above, BT audio out does work on the pandora - but configuration is a bit of a pain. I tried using it for a while, before going back to wired headphones because I realised I didn't really need it to be wireless. Hopefully the Pyra will have better audio config tools, and will make it all much more convenient.

Meh, the PAS script works great and is easy to set up.
It just switches the default audio output to hardware or any paired bt speaker or the likes. The only thing that does not work so well is wifi and bt at the same time. They seem to interfere with eachother causing break-ups in the sound.

I am also really interested in getting bluetooth working reliably on the pyra. I use xubuntu (debian based and uses pulse) and bought a cheap stereo headset to test stuff. Connecting was a little bit tricky but worked. I never got the headset part working (i lost interest and stoped trying).
My plan was to by something like this (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0154G9CYY) (there are probably cheaper clones) and use my favorite headphone with it.
(This thing is relay neat it can also be used without any headphones connected so you are always ready to answer the phone pyra.)
But I really want to now, if it will ever be possible to use some setup like this reliably, including reconnecting on wakeup trigged by a phone call, or even keeping the connection in standby and showing the caller id.

I don't have high hopes this will ever work out of the box like on most "smart" phones, but who knows.

(as a funny side note: while writing this my audio got messed up (static noise) time to restart pulse ;) "pulseaudio -k;pkill xfce4-volumed;pulseaudio --start;xfce4-volumed&")

I use my Bluetooth speaker with my Pandora every day at work for music.

It works rather well. There are Bluetooth settings for /etc/asound.conf on the Pandora wiki. To output all sound to the speaker, instead of adding a new section for Bluetooth Audio like the wiki says, I simply alter the default category with the Bluetooth settings.

Basically, I have /etc/asound.conf.normal which is normal asound with a Bluetooth section so programs like VLC can choose to output via Bluetooth, and I have /etc/asound.conf.bluetooth which has the Bluetooth settings in the default section so all programs output audio to the BT speaker.

I use a simple script to switch between them, or sometimes I just type
rm /etc/asound.conf && cp /etc/asound.conf.bluetooth /etc/asound.conf

To make it work I just activate Bluetooth on the Pandora pair it to my speaker, do the asound.conf thing, and play my tunes or games.

In practice it's easy and works very well.

I know this post was quite old, but as one of the first 30 Owners, i can say: Pyra and Bluetooth Audio`? no big issue, expect of Headphones that require a special App (my damn JBL), you can even pair Airpods Max whitouth issues, after they got paired, you can chose "Connect the last device - > Airpods Max from Matze - > and then you only need to chose the right Device on the Audio Menue over the speaker Symbol on the Task Bar...
Much more easy than on the Pandora, the same as every Debian or other OS PC whit Bluetooth..

No, i think as the Bluetooth Device is a different Soundcard, i ditnt got the Audio Issue there.. bluetooth was completly fine
expect the issue that my Airpods Pro Case is empty some times.. but its now at 82 % after i charget it on last weekend..
At home, i use the Airpods Max, and in Garden or on the Go, the Pro..

The Only Times i use the Speaker now is when i make Videos..

Yeah I've had no issues with bluetooth audio on the Pyra, it behaves just like my desktop running debian with bluetooth.

No white noise sounds at all, that said USB sound devices also have no issues either in this regard.

Back