Blu Firmware Help!!! Pleassee

DiedWater

Still Fresh
I just got my new BLU today, but my gf didn't like the new firmware, so I reflashed it it 1.5.7e...but after I restarted, there is a blue line on top of the screen, and no matter, what I do, that line( more likely a big block) won't goes away...so I donno if anyone of you could dump your BLU's firmware, and send to me...THank you sooo much!!!!

my email is :
toby@devils.com

someone please help me!!!!!

DiedWater posted on Dec 3 2004 at 04:06 AM said:
I just got my new BLU today, but my gf didn't like the new firmware, so I reflashed it it 1.5.7e...but after I restarted, there is a blue line on top of the screen, and no matter, what I do, that line( more likely a big block) won't goes away...so I donno if anyone of you could dump your BLU's firmware, and send to me...THank you sooo much!!!!

my email is :
toby@devils.com

If all that you get is a line you have made your GP32 unuseable as the flash has failed. Getting a new FW dump won't work because you can't run the program to flash with. I am afraid you have a "broken" unit now.

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC posted on Dec 3 2004 at 05:20 AM said:
DiedWater posted on Dec 3 2004 at 04:06 AM said:

my email is :
toby@devils.com

If all that you get is a line you have made your GP32 unuseable as the flash has failed. Getting a new FW dump won't work because you can't run the program to flash with. I am afraid you have a "broken" unit now.

Oh fuck no!!!

This is the only topic I've read where someone actually FUBAR'd their gp32_console with a bad flash .. I thought it was an urban legend, of sorts.

Do a search for "JTAG cable"

Hope you get it fixed man :(

I dont think its a bad flash, he didn't say the line was the only thing he saw. You can find the european firmware at gp32spain.com

I've been considering flashing (ooer) for a little while now, as i'm *still* using the one it came with out the box, (i've got a euro blu btw) but i've no idea how to go about it or which ones best to use.

If you have only just got ur gp32, there is something you must do.

Change the battery.

Every GP32 user panics the first time their batteries wear out.

I certainly did!!

Unlike the gba, the gp32's lcd doesn't simply fade out

It behaves randomly.

Deleted User posted on Dec 3 2004 at 04:43 PM said:
If you have only just got ur gp32, there is something you must do.

Change the battery.

Every GP32 user panics the first time their batteries wear out.

I certainly did!!

Unlike the gba, the gp32's lcd doesn't simply fade out

It behaves randomly.

no it wasn't the battery's problem....but thanx

If a menu or something loads then the flash was successful, if it doesent and its just the line and maybe a blank screen then you have fucked up :( gp32eu where fixing bad flashes but there is also a (complicated) way to do it yourself.

I'd recommend multifirmware myself :p

Oh and the fw u flashed is almost identical to the one you had, maybe a few software tweaks you wouldnt even notice... i dunno.

Also I have scary memories of the battries first going, scared the shit out of me, also the first time I overclocked for some reason :/

PinkSpider posted on Dec 4 2004 at 04:45 AM said:
If a menu or something loads then the flash was successful, if it doesent and its just the line and maybe a blank screen then you have fucked up :( gp32eu where fixing bad flashes but there is also a (complicated) way to do it yourself.

I'd recommend multifirmware myself :p

Oh and the fw u flashed is almost identical to the one you had, maybe a few software tweaks you wouldnt even notice... i dunno.

Also I have scary memories of the battries first going, scared the shit out of me, also the first time I overclocked for some reason :/

yay for hide~~..XD well, everything works fine, but there s jus this big white bar on top of the screen, no matter what I do, I flashed every single fw i can find...and the bar just won't go away, I even flashed it back...=__=

Did you order from Lik-Sang? If so GET AN EXCHANGE IMMEDIATELY! The one's they are sending out are faulty as these other posts are showing. I have just received mine and emailed them demanding they fix this. It's not your fault man. Lik-Sang is screwing up BIG time. As with yours mine works perfect with original flash, ANY other flash will NOT work it gives that blue line.

Neptune posted on Dec 7 2004 at 09:48 AM said:
Did you order from Lik-Sang? If so GET AN EXCHANGE IMMEDIATELY! The one's they are sending out are faulty as these other posts are showing. I have just received mine and emailed them demanding they fix this. It's not your fault man. Lik-Sang is screwing up BIG time. As with yours mine works perfect with original flash, ANY other flash will NOT work it gives that blue line.

Lik-Sang didn't screw up at all. Gamepark did.

Could be true, but this unit was tested BEFORE shipping, one of the stickers was already broken, I am just extremely pissed and you must realize how bad I feel right now.

Oh sorry dude. i thought it was unopened so there was no way they could know it was dodgy. If it had been opened and tested it they shouldn't have sold them. Unless they got damaged during shipping to you? but that'd be highly unlikely. My FLU better work!

catmince posted on Dec 6 2004 at 11:44 PM said:
Oh sorry dude. i thought it was unopened so there was no way they could know it was dodgy. If it had been opened and tested it they shouldn't have sold them. Unless they got damaged during shipping to you? but that'd be highly unlikely. My FLU better work!

Still not their fault.
They test it by switching it on and run the diagnosis.

The H/W fault only appears with certain applications / games / firmwares, the original firmware and the diagnosis mode work fine, so they couldn't be aware of that fault.

Last edited:
yup, its the Different LCD they use now isnt it?? Hold tight and hopefully the things with problems will be updated :)...

isnt Mr Spiv using his magic powers to make a new firmware that will fix this LCD problem??

Back