B'lox!

iprice

Certified Guru
Website
Visit site
For those that may have been following my "Help" thread, I'm officially releasing my homebrew game, B'lox! to pc and GP2X users everywhere :)

http://www.iprice.remakes.org/stuff/B'lox!.rar (2.7Mb)

The game can be played on F100 and F200, with the latter adding touchscreen control as well as D-Pad/buttons.

This version is now time unlimited (no 5 minute game limit).

Finally! I'm glad you made it, iprice.

This game is highly recommended for all puzzle fans and in my opinion it's the best homebrew game with F-200 touchscreen support. Also included is a nice graphic style and cool music.

I think there is alot of work in this piece of software, so everybody should give this game a chance.

Good look for the competition!

Regards,
Stephan

I'm still waiting for hentai version this very game!

I also wish you LCK+ in compo

I found some bugs with this release.

The In-game menu bar now has 5 excess buttons on the right after the Exit button. They seem to be incomplete and broken menus (i.e. 2 untitled dialogs, a New Record dialog, & an incorrect dialog). They can only be accessed using the touchscreen.

I also noticed that the L & R navigation buttons will stop functioning in In-game, if touchscreen was used to access the menu bar buttons (and after the corresponding dialog was already closed). It will only start to respond again if the cursor is moved out of the menu bar and to the playing field (either using the D-pad or touchscreen). This was actually also present in the previous build, but I just recently noticed it.

I find that Puzzle #97 & 98 to be anticlimactic. The few puzzles before these two were really challenging, but these two pale in comparison (especially #98) and feel out of place. Maybe a minor shuffling is needed?

P.S. I got 74 for the puzzle I created. I didn't expect that it could be solved in a different manner, which reduced the number of moves greatly. :lol:

EDIT: The Select button dialog's title ("Exit Game") is still unchanged.

I'm being annoying... Thanks for the game & your patience. :D

Thanks for the feedback chaps. :)

Honestly Manjuu, you've been far from annoying - you've been the best game-tester I've ever had. I'll fix those bugs when I get some time off :/

It's a really nice game! I only tested up to the 10th level, but I've the feeling it will become one of my faves. I have a F100 without a touchscreen and the control is really nice as well.

Thanks!

Manjuu said:
I found some bugs with this release.

The In-game menu bar now has 5 excess buttons on the right after the Exit button. They seem to be incomplete and broken menus (i.e. 2 untitled dialogs, a New Record dialog, & an incorrect dialog). They can only be accessed using the touchscreen.

I also noticed that the L & R navigation buttons will stop functioning in In-game, if touchscreen was used to access the menu bar buttons (and after the corresponding dialog was already closed). It will only start to respond again if the cursor is moved out of the menu bar and to the playing field (either using the D-pad or touchscreen). This was actually also present in the previous build, but I just recently noticed it.

Both bugs fixed and new version now uploaded. Cheers Manjuu :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Now it's my time to be annoying. :)

The exit button in-game is broken when used with touchscreen. Instead of the "Exit" screen the "Previous Puzzle" screen is shown.

Regards,
Stephan

Ooops! So it does. (Or did!)

I've fixed it now, but I won't be able to upload a new version until next week now I'm afraid. :(

At least you can still exit by using the START button. Sorry about that.

To add to Stephan's bug find. The D-pad controls tends to lock-up when navigating the In-game menu bar. It also sometimes skips the Exit button. The problem seems to get worse if the touchscreen was used first anywhere in the In-game, which would cause the menu bar navigation using the D-pad (left & right directions, not L & R) to become unresponsive and not repeat, nor wrap; the L & R navigation would still function normally, except it would skip the Exit button. The D-pad controls acts normally when at the playing field.

(I apologize for this; these problems are the result of me insisting on the L & R navigation shortcut. :( )

It's actually because I rushed the L & R in, really Manjuu - if you recall I did state that I would leave it until later to implement as it was tied into the controls, but no I wanted them in, so I put them in - I just didn't check them as thoroughly as I should have done. My fault.

Some bugs have been identified and squished very quickly, while others were missed, however sometimes bugs only become apparent after release, or at the last minute due to changes. That's what happened here.

Developing on a pc and not having personal access to an F200 hasn't helped, but considering the problems we were seeing before, this is nothing and easily sorted.

The feedback I've had from those that could be bothered has made this worth it. And I really do owe it to you Manjuu, and the other testers. :)

Any bugs identified will be fixed, but as I don't yet own the full version of GLBasic, I can't compile them fully, hence the delay in posting an updated version (a friend compiled the last two full versions, but I don't want to keep asking him to re-compile after every single little bug-fix). I'll do it all in one go, once I know what's not working.

Back