BLOOD

C

CocoCreekFisherman

Attachments

• Blood (1997) FPS Game - YouTube.html
    199.7 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
It is playable with Qemu, Ingoreis made a vid of it, if I remember right.

He will help you setting up the image, if he does not already have one for Blood, which could be modified will the full version.

It is playable with Qemu, Ingoreis made a vid of it, if I remember right.

He will help you setting up the image, if he does not already have one for Blood, which could be modified will the full version.
Ok this would be very kind.

Thank you. ;)

Ok, this video shows it in Dosbox at 1,21GHz,

so I hope, that it runs faster in Qemu, which may be possible.

I think in QEmu it was a slideshow.. DOSBox runs Blood a lot better. I had it running with minimal hiccups in DOSBox.

Last edited by a moderator:
Qemu was no good here.

So i need to clock @ 1.21 ghz for it to run  on DosBox?? That is why I was getting the above posted error? That would be an all time high for me even with my 1ghz unit. How come Blood runs with ReMood or is it because it is the Doom.wad engine.??

Questions,questions and questions  :rolleyes:

I wonder if xlengine will be opensourced when ready to allow ports...

I tried to play the game with dbox but it says : "src\sound.cpp(516): Playback failed, possibly due to an invalid or conflicting IRQ"

I searched it in google and it must me sth about the sound card ? Sorry, I have no idea what this means. Does anybody know what I have to do ?

If I could use my old Youtube account anymore, I would ask the maker of the video if he could give me his conf-file and post it here.

I tried to play the game with dbox but it says : "src\sound.cpp(516): Playback failed, possibly due to an invalid or conflicting IRQ"

I searched it in google and it must me sth about the sound card ? Sorry, I have no idea what this means. Does anybody know what I have to do ?
SAME HERE!!!  Same exact message!!! :wacko:

Last edited:

Same here!! Exact same thing. That is why I started the thread. I forgot the exact message but now that you posted it I know that was it .

DosBox loaded blood.cfg then a message came up to either continue with that download or use _blood1.cfg [option a or b] neither worked. Then the sound card message appeared.

MESSAGE...src\sound.cpp(516): Playback failed possibly due to an invalid or conflicting IRQ

Sorry 2x post got a bit too excited  :eek:

I don't know how similar Blood in ReMood is vs. the actual game but I would love to find out. I do enjoy Blood in ReMood though....when not in a Yoshi mood  :p

Wish i could play this blood bugger. :angry: ^_^

Last edited:
run the setup.exe and set the correct sound-blaster card settings?

run the setup.exe and set the correct sound-blaster card settings?
doing that now...it is loading ..got start up screen but it is ticking as I type.

got it with sound disabled!!

also I changed the blood.cfg file to _blood1.cfg.....since that was an option.

now for sound??...Gravis..no go.....Sound Blaster...no go [the one downloaded by me]....Sound Man 16..no go....Prp Audio Spectrum..no go....AWE 32...nope...Soundscape..n/a

Plays well with no sound so maybe a soundless one here??

Last edited:
Dosbox by default uses soundblaster 16 emulation Use: Address(A)=220, Interrupt(I)=7, DMA(D)=1, High DMA(H)=5, Card Type(T)6

This information shows on start-up of DOSBOX under the SET BLASTER= line. If your DOSBOX soundcard setup is any different it will show on that line with the letters I have in parenthesis above.

Use these for sound card settings, not all these setting may be needed in the setup.

Back