Request For a Very Specific App

Kumaki

Hi,

I am going to request a very specific app, if it could be done...this is something which could benefit many, many people - assuming they also own a Pandora.

I have a high-blood-pressure problem, and, while I could do this with a simple spreadsheet...I'd prefer an app that can record my blood pressure readings.

Ideally, this would allow for input of date and time the blood pressure is taken, and the measurements, as well as Pulse.

It would also allow for averaging over a number of different ways...an average over a specified user-inputted time frame would be the ideal way to do this.

Also would be ideal to be able to average all morning readings, all afternoon readings, all evening readings.

Another thing this thing might be good to do would be to build a separate function from blood sugar tracking for diabetics.

For me, it would be nice to go to my doctor, and whip out my Pandy, and be able to give her all my numbers, over a period of months.

Any interest in doing such an app?

I like the idea of this app too, when I own a Pandora I'd be interested in d/l such an app myself if it happens

Well, I thought of my own situation with blood pressure...and how hard it is for me to keep and remember to bring...paper logs of my blood pressure readings to my doctor.

Then I thought of my dad (now deceased) who had diabetes...and thought it would be a really good app for people who have medical conditions that require frequent monitoring.

It may be this can all be in one app or two separate apps, one for blood pressure the other for diabetes. and if anyone can think of other medical conditions that require frequent monitoring...

Anyway, for blood pressure, ideally you need to have a date/time stamp for when the reading was taken - and this needs to be user input, because you may end up putting it in hours after you actually took it....

So you'd have the following inputs:

Date

Time

Systolic (this is the high number)

Diastolic (this is the low number)

Pulse

Then you could have it generate reports for you...for example, an average over a user-specified date range....or an average of all morning readings...or afternoon readings...or evening readings. As anyone who knows about blood pressure readings can tell you, these vary significantly by the time of day...often running higher in the evening versus the morning.

This way you can have all your info in your pocket when you go to your doctor.

Likewise for the diabetes app...it would need a date/time stamp and a blood-sugar reading....I'm not sure what else would be needed, as I, myself, do not have diabetes...perhaps a diabetic could contribute what is needed...and have it able to generate certain reports as well.

Guys, I can wholeheartidly recommend the Porta Base repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=PortaBase-hmc.

It's simple multiplatform database app where you can design your own database tables and simple forms which make data input easier. You can then create own filters and views. Of course the data can be exported to various formats.

I'll write one for you. I've often thought that the Pandora would be really handy at work (I'm an RN) but patient confidentiality prevents me from using it.

D.

I'll write one for you. I've often thought that the Pandora would be really handy at work (I'm an RN) but patient confidentiality prevents me from using it.

D.

Cool. But if your PATIENTS used it...you could, then, right? It would probably make your job easier.

I'm not sure how all this works with HIPAA with internal doctor-office workers.

I myself do billing and coding for doctors, so, I am well aware of how HIPAA laws apply to what I'm doing.

Cool. But if your PATIENTS used it...you could, then, right? It would probably make your job easier.

I'm not sure how all this works with HIPAA with internal doctor-office workers.

I myself do billing and coding for doctors, so, I am well aware of how HIPAA laws apply to what I'm doing.

Even if my patients were to use it, I'd not be able to use it in an official capacity. There's nothing stopping a patient from storing and recording their data any way they want.

D.

You might want to take a look at gnuplot to plot your data. See e.g. Pandora System Info for an example (in that case it is monitoring battery charge and power consumption, but it would be very similar gnuplot files to plot blood pressure or whatever).

Back