Black Screen :(

Lehmano

Still Fresh
hello. i've got my gp2x a few days ago and naturally I loved it.
then i decided to put on another skin and downloaded the one called space 1.0 from http://archive.gp2x.de file archive. when i tried to activate it, it just went to black screen. now, every time i start my gp2x i get the welcome picture and sound and when the menu is suppose to appear i get a BLACK SCREEN :( can anyone help me to get my gp2x restored to it's former glory..

best regards from martin in denmark

Shikaku posted on Sep 20 2006 at 08:44 PM said:
reflash firmware to get original skin...

Tnx man. but unfortunely I don't know how to do that :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Take a look at this user guide for a clear explanation about firmware upgrading.

Before you do this, can anyone out there confirm that it is okay to re-flash the firmware? Your unit was probably already on the latest firmware and one of the changes they made was that from v2 onwards the upgrading method would be different, I seem to recall, so it may not be possible to do this.

Do you know what firmware your machine had on it? New ones usually have v2 firmware on which takes about 10 seconds to boot up, where as the old firmware took about 30-40 seconds to boot up.

Do you know what firmware your machine had on it? New ones usually have v2 firmware on which takes about 10 seconds to boot up, where as the old firmware took about 30-40 seconds to boot up.
[/quote]

yes. i have firmware v2.

Another option, is that it may be possible to set one of alternative loaders as an autoexec file on your SD and then your GP2x will boot up with that. I have never used one of these myself, but you could download a few and read the readme.txt files that come with them and see how to set them up.

:( dosn't seem to work either. the problem is that i can't see if the gp2x is starting in the menu or if it' freezing because i only get the black screen

It will almost certainly still be running, you just can't see anything. Don't suppose you set up usb networking did you? If you have then you will still be able to connect and repair the damage (it will just be a matter of copying over the menu graphics back into /usr/gp2x/). If you didn't then you'll need to flash.

no i didn't set up usb networking :(
. I tried to copy the v2 firmware onto my newly formatted 1gb sandisk
card but nothing happend. is there something special i need to do ?

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.... THANKS FOR THE HELP YOU GUYS. i flashed my firmware and now it's working again. now i'll never get to bed :)

Back