Big Problem

Digitalrat

I've got a GP32 today and I used it for hour or so... Well, I played Pong and then I pressed something wrong. Suddenly appeared a firmware-loader (aquafish-multifirmware I think) and it said that I should choose a firmware. I pressed "load default firmware" and then a screen saying that I should press a to reboot or b to recovery the smc. After pressing reboot the same screen appeared. Then I pressed the recovery option, after a while the multifirmware-loader was there a second time. After pressing b a firmware (I think the standart english firmware) startet. If I want to connect to the PC there it says "smc error". The smc should be ok, I used it before without problems... Can't connect to PC.

I could cry. :( I hope you can help me....

sounds like you may need to reformat the SMC - do you mean by can't connect to the PC you can't get pclink working? well if thats the case you'll have to get a card reader or something to be able to. Please post more info... do you have a USB cable? what errors do you get? what OS are you using? usb drivers etc etc

I don't know what version of Aquafish's firmware you have but see if Pacrom is part of it: press the select button, turn on your GP32 and select Pacrom (if available of course)

In Pacrom choose tools, format SMC. This should give you a properly formattd SMC again.

I solved the problem myself while I couldn't go in the internet. :)

There seems to be a problem in the european firmware, so I can't use the PC-link. I use Pacrom instead and everything runs ok.

Thanks for your help. :)

[sorry that I didn't write many informations about my system, but I wrote this in panic that I crashed my GP32 before I could really use it]

Back