Have No Idea What To Do......

coltxL2717

Website
Visit site
Before I get flamed for my topic let me explain the siuation. I was using my gp32 and my brother pulled out the card when the gp32 was on by accident. Well, needless to the say the gp32 wont recognize my smc anymore. I have mr.spiv's multifirmware so i tried to recover the smc through the original firmware and pacrom to no avail. I can't even format through pc-link because it hangs on the get smc size command. I read some guy used a command line prompt to fix it. I dont have anymoney to waste on this so any none expensive help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Have you tried Squidge's : Gpdrive 0.5 Beta ?

"This version contains a small utility to rescue dead SMC cards - the likes of which that refuse to be read/written and even formatted. This is basically a low level format, and should only ever be used as a last result. All data on the card will be permanently lost by using this utility. After running, the card will require formatting before it's usable."

Hope that helps you :)

Last edited by a moderator:
He cant upload to the smc so the gpdrive wont be any good. Can you format via a card reader or camera?

If you use Mr SPiv's firmware which comes with Dark Faders PC link, then I can send you a gxb which can be remotely executed (Uploaded from PC directly to GP32's RAM, thus bypassing the SMC) and you can try my recovery util from there. Just make sure the dead smc is in the slot when you do the upload.

Or, if you have DevKitAdv, you can compile the GXB yourself from the GPDrive sources available on this site.

Back