Better Hold On Music Player...

Lupin

Website
www.ergwow.com
With the new firmware I would like hold to not be just select but instead in option and then to turn it off you need to press like L+R+Stick+Select. Cause anytime I put it in my pocket I stand just a good of chance to hit select and turn it off then I would to hit any other better if hold wasnt on

hmm, Lupin, it sounds like you've never actually walked around with the player in your pocket. have you ever accidently hit the select button?

but while we're dreaming wishfully about the music player, i'd love to be able to delete files somehow.

i imagine the implementation working where if you perform a "delete" it will close the file that was playing, then will start playing the next one in the queue, then delete the file you told it to (to avoid deleting the file the player trying ot read from)

of course i have asked for the feature over on the official gp2x bbs ... but anna is gone, long live anna!

edit: my favorite music players are foobar2000 (for windows) and mocp (for linux)

yeah it happens few and far in between but still you cant help to think

We lock keys to make it so that when we hit keys they dont interupt or register. But, all you have to do to unlock said keys is hit Select, a key in of itself. So given basic logic here you stand a good chance of acidently hitting select.

Lupin posted on Sep 27 2006 at 09:09 AM said:
We lock keys to make it so that when we hit keys they dont interupt or register. But, all you have to do to unlock said keys is hit Select, a key in of itself. So given basic logic here you stand a good chance of acidently hitting select.

i agree, but something you can do with one hand would be a better idea. R+SELECT would be enough for me.

the interface for the music player is really just shit, but it works. barely. :)

but we've got something to look forward to ... improvements! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they should let you customize it by doing this

Push Hold Config
Have 5 Seconds to push the combo you want. (IE countdown starts press L restarts countdown press R now its L+R repeat for each button)

If I put my GP2X in my pocket or my bag's pocket, Select gets hit about every 45 seconds and then all the other buttons do. I need to carry my GP2X with me in my hand to keep my music playing, and it's incredibly fucking annoying. My cell phone's 'Key lock' feature never encounters problems; it makes you hit the Unlock button, then prompts you to hit * a moment later. Very simple but almost foolproof, too.

Epicenter posted on Sep 29 2006 at 06:30 AM said:
If I put my GP2X in my pocket or my bag's pocket, Select gets hit about every 45 seconds and then all the other buttons do. I need to carry my GP2X with me in my hand to keep my music playing, and it's incredibly fucking annoying. My cell phone's 'Key lock' feature never encounters problems; it makes you hit the Unlock button, then prompts you to hit * a moment later. Very simple but almost foolproof, too.

Lol, mine starts dialing by itself in my pants pocket about once every couple of months... Not overly annoying, but annoying enough for me to consider buying one of those clamshell phones.

What were the guys at Nokia thinking when they came up with that unlock scheme anyway? The "unlock" button is not that hard to hit... It's only THE GODDAMN BIGGEST BUTTON ON THE ENTIRE PHONE!!!!! And the next key you must press to complete the unlock is LOCATED ON THE LOWER LEFT CORNER where tension from the textile of your pants can easily press it...

At least that old Alcatel phone my mother had back in the days was a bit smarter; it made you press something like 1, 5, 9 or something along those lines... Now that's quite a bit harder to do unintentionally than "nokia smiley", *...

Glad it seems to work for you though...

Last edited by a moderator:
unlockru4.jpg

It's pretty hard to push these two right after the other, with the correct delay. As you can see they're damn tiny. Now laugh at my pathetic phone without a camera or 900 MHz processor. :)

I have one of those new Samsung T509 (very nice phone for only 50USD) and I like its hold cause you just press the * for 3 seconds to lock it. Then, you press same on yours and star again to unlock, or I could set it up to autolock after 15 seconds.

Back