Best/Worst Bugs you have found in games?

Crysis2 on xbox 360, all static items not visible except the ground. Finished the map anyway, but it made it unreasonable hard to play.

Metal Gear Solid via Bleem! On my dreamcast corrupted my savegame and gave me all extra items (bandana/ammo). Was nice.

Got stuck in floors in battlefield3.

In world of warcraft I thought I could do a shortcut between 2 maps, but they are actual seperate maps causing you to walk in to empty areas and eventually walk off the map.

Gta vice city stories on psp I got stuck in a boat. The scene is scripted but for some reason the guy did not start boating and I could not leave. Lost at least 1 hour of unsaved progress by that.

I actully got stuck in a pushable block in Tomb Raider 3 (or was it 2?) on the PlayStation about 3/4 way through the game and had to restart from the beginning of the game as the save game started from that point (inside the block). Boy was I pissed as it took ages to get back to there again.

I actully got stuck in a pushable block in Tomb Raider 3 (or was it 2?) on the PlayStation about 3/4 way through the game and had to restart from the beginning of the game as the save game started from that point (inside the block). Boy was I pissed as it took ages to get back to there again.
I used to get stuck in those games all the time.

Any video game where the AI character(s)..on your side.. keeps either running into the same wall,goes around frantically in circles or is absolutely no help whatsoever.....and can't be killed or if it can be killed there is a penalty....death. :angry:

Last edited:
Worst bugs? Aproximately 182 of them in Ultima IX.

I never got very far in this game, because of real horrible bugs.

"Evil Twin" wasn't finishable, too.

"The Fall" does have some major bugs even after the big patch.

"Gothic" was really buggy when it came out but at least the developers kept patching it for years until it was good.

There  was a time, when bug workarounds were an essential part of PC-gaming,

maybe they just wanted the people to buy a PS2.

I refused and kept being frustrated.

The good thing about it is, that after several years, we got all these unofficial patches

for great but unplayable games, that the collection of fixed old pc games (with HD-patches and so on) is now really good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Supreme Commander DRM not compatible with my cdrom hardware. 3 months playing with crack until they released a patch taking out DRM...

Baught Warcraft 3 shortly after release, task killed itself after some seconds in the meny because of DRM, program ran flawlessly with crack, braugt game back to the shop with massive complaints because DRM renders the CD useless.

Hatet Blizzard (ex Silicon Synapse) ever since that day and it has gotten worse every year, partly because of the focus on World of Shitcraft, maybe reached it's peak with Online-DRM in Starcraft 2, which was already split into one game per race and it has gotten even worse with Diablo 3 online activation servers.

The last game I bought and kept from Blizzard was Diablo 2, which I played a lot in HD (per D2multires) with my Ex in the last year.

The best games of them were Rock'n'Roll Racing, Lost Vikings 1+2 and Black Thorne though (btw: all of them running smoothly on OpenPandora, alongside Warcraft 1+2)

I bought the French version when it came out (many months after the US release) and it was working flawlessly. I haven't had any single bug, and while many people complained about the performances, it ran pretty smoothly on my computer.

I bought the French version when it came out (many months after the US release) and it was working flawlessly. I haven't had any single bug, and while many people complained about the performances, it ran pretty smoothly on my computer.
I had the german version, which came out aproximately at the same time (?), but in fact I meant, including all the official patches that were made up to today.

I will have another go with "Beautiful Britania" sometime, seems to be quite a big fanpatch.

The only bug which i have actually discovered, and didn't just replicate. I've kept this secret to my self until this moment. I have never heard of anyone else doing it to this day (surely there's got to be someone else though).

I was about 13, (11 years ago). The game is the popular on line game, neopets. The cheat to this day, to my knowledge is still accessible.

Access the soup kitchen anytime you want.

Go to the trading post, search for an item that you clearly can't afford. Offer some item and all your points. Your points will now be held as an offered trade to the other person. You can now go to the the soup kitchen. The soup faerie checks the bank and auction and a bunch of other things, to make sure you're not faking being poor, but she doesn't check your trade offers; sucker! She'll think you have no money, and allow you to feed your pets for free. Once they're all fed, go and withdraw your offer.

I've remembered one - Tamagotchi, I stumbled upon the time switching bug to force a day to advance quicker and Evolve your Tamagotchi... I was walking around with a very well aged Tamagotchi all proud until some idiot told the newspaper of the same glitch to a newspaper... "I have the oldest Tamagotchi".

I think it's kind of sad that a newspapers report stuff like this when surely there is a better beneficial cause that they could be spending their time publicizing instead.

I think it's kind of sad that a newspapers report stuff like this when surely there is a better beneficial cause that they could be spending their time publicizing instead.
If nobody buys your papers, because you like to write articles about schools and hospitals and their problems or accomplishments,

maybe you would rethink the topics, if otherwise you got no newspaper to publish at all next month. ^^

No one had the "Giant bug" in Skyrim ?

Almost died laughing (just google it)...

Also, sometimes in Skyrim, there a dead horse spawning behind me... What the...

No one had the "Giant bug" in Skyrim ?

Almost died laughing (just google it)...

Also, sometimes in Skyrim, there a dead horse spawning behind me... What the...
That was a bug?, I thought that's what happenes every time I pissed off a Giant in the game.

Combinate the Game Turbo from Amiga with the Joshua Amiga Bootblock Virus and it have a Buffer overflow that let you not end the Levels.

You can play one Level forerver with 2 Players,this rocks :)

Re: the OP from Craig about being prevented from completing a game by absurd bugs; The other day I was reading about lucid dreaming and specifically about technology not working in dreams. Seems to be the case that in your dreams technology doesn't work. I was trying to recall any dreams I had where technology did work, but couldn't. I rarely remember dreams anyway.

Apparently things like light switches even fail on people when dreaming of them, not sure why this is.

So dreaming of playing a game, you'd most likely encounter bugs in it or some other technical glitch

Back