Best Scumm Emulation

generalnmx posted on Aug 4 2004 at 09:24 PM said:
Isn't there only one Scumm Port?
There is the origional with a faster mouse. Then djwillis took over once the origional author gave in. He added mp3/ogg support giving the second version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prefer the 0.3c version from the 0.5.1 because games as Sam & Max and The Fate Of Atlantis are too slow on the 0.5.1 version and not nice at all to play.

The 0.3c version is great because it's fast (mouse speed and screen scrolling speed). ;)

And all my games work perfectly with the 0.3c version :

- Day Of The Tentacle
- Sam & Max
- Monkey Island 1
- Monkey Island 2
- Indiana Jones and The Fate Of Atlantis
- Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade

Both 0.3 and 0.5 versions run slow for me with Indy4, Dott and Sam`n`Max, unless I switch off the sound and music (which didn`t work in 0.3 for me).
So version 0.5 is better because I also wasn`t able to make savegames in 0.3 with Monkey Island 1.

Oh, and playing with sound and music, in version 0.3 the music makes a crackling noise, but in version 0.5 it doesn`t.

So for me version 0.5 is the best! But I hope there will be an update soon, that changes the cursor speed. They could make that by pushing the R button the curser gets faster or something like that.

I recommend you to stay with 0.5, but if you like to try out here is version 0.3.

Quiest posted on Sep 10 2004 at 12:47 PM said:
Both 0.3 and 0.5 versions run slow for me with Indy4, Dott and Sam`n`Max, unless I switch off the sound and music (which didn`t work in 0.3 for me).
So version 0.5 is better because I also wasn`t able to make savegames in 0.3 with Monkey Island 1.

Oh, and playing with sound and music, in version 0.3 the music makes a crackling noise, but in version 0.5 it doesn`t.

So for me version 0.5 is the best! But I hope there will be an update soon, that changes the cursor speed. They could make that by pushing the R button the curser gets faster or something like that.

I recommend you to stay with 0.5, but if you like to try out here is version 0.3.
Quiest : No sorry but the 0.3 is much faster (I know it because I played a lot at Scumm those days). ;)

Try again the 0.3 version, I can assure you the mouse and the screen scrolling is faster in this one. ;)
Only the sound in the 0.5.1 is a bit better than 0.3 version but the sound is correct in the 166 Mhz 0.3 version. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Quiest, there's a long time it's fixed in the 0.3 version. ;)
Just get the good Monkey Island version or just edit the Monkey ID in the Scumm menu with "Edit Game". ;)
I finished Monkey Island 1 without any save problem with the 0.3 version. :)

Back