Scumm Emu - Full Throttle

Demonix

I've just found my original CD of "Full Throttle" by Lucasarts... anyone know if its possible to play this on the Scumm Emu?

Yes i works but the mini games can prove to be a problem, you will have to use the PC to pass some of those, save the game, then continue back on the gp32.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

craigix posted on Apr 7 2003 said:
Yes i works but the mini games can prove to be a problem, you will have to use the PC to pass some of those, save the game, then continue back on the gp32.

-Craig

www.gbax.com
Can't use the saves from GPscummvm on the windows version of Scummvm :( Although ph0x told me with the next release you will be able to (newist version of windows scummvm used different save format)

TFC

Last edited by a moderator:
I think i'll wait until theres a newer version out. Which of the Lucasarts games work well with the EMU at the mo?

the current release version of gp32 scummvm uses a non-standard save format. this has been fixed on the CVS tree, but has not been released in FXE format (feel free to compile yourself though)

--jo

someone should werk on getting this game runnin at 100% on gp32... thatd be hot. i mean i think its the best lucas arts adventure game of all time. agreed?

id do it myself, but my knowledge of c++ could just about fill a floppy disk B)

the game still isn't 100% compatible with the PC version of scummvm.

once scummvm pc development has wound down (as games all hit 100% or near as damnit compatability), the gp32 scummvm coders can start work on the really heavy speed optimisations, and assembly subroutines.

of course, things may have changed with the new release of gp32 scummvm that's supposed to happen soon...

--jo

There is a problem with FF generally, unfortunately. Its (or at least, I think it has) got movies in it (as had The Dig). Which means you prolly won't see them (I don't think ScummVM supports the things). On the bright side, without the movies it fits on a card fine. Oh, and without talkie. Basically, atm, it should be playable, but crippled.

--Full Throttle was the most simplistic Lucasarts game - I just found it for 99p in a computer shop !! - Its very entertaining but too damn easy - hmph - still not as good as the dig, Monkey island - or infact most of them but its still damn gooood

Yeah....ph0x broke his GP32 so he is waiting to buy a new one :)

TFC

Glad to see he's still working on it! I may take a look at the source, but I doubt my pathetic coding skills can help.

BTW is he using an emulator (actually IIRC it doesn't run on an emulator, right?)

- Rico

Infact I think hes passes the project onot someone else on the Scummvm team :D

TFC

Ph0x has passed the burning wossname on to someone else - specifically someone from the original ScummVM team, who just happens to have got a GP32. There's some news on it floating around the place.
Its certainly not dead, just not in the spotlight atm.

Back