Scumm problem

FroZtByte

Still Fresh
I loaded scumm onto my GP32 along with monkey island 2 and then sam and max but all that happens when I run scumm is that the screen goes black and nothing happens.
Everything's in the GPMM folder.
If anybody could help then I'd be very happy.
Thanks

okay, formatted my GP32 and tried again, this time it loads scummvm but when I clicked on "Add Game", it just froze.

update
now it just gives me a white screen.

EWhere are people finding copies of such games as day of the tentacle and sam and max? Anybody? I used to have some abandonware sources, but apparently Lucasarts spooked them into droping their releases, sinces they aren't really abandonware.

Rrilltrae posted on Aug 14 2003 said:
EWhere are people finding copies of such games as day of the tentacle and sam and max? Anybody?
I actually have an old Mac bundle of LucasArts games on CD that I bought on discount for around $10. The data files are exactly the same, so it should work fine with SCUMMVM... just haven't got around to testing them yet. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
unit3 posted on Aug 14 2003 said:
Rrilltrae posted on Aug 14 2003 said:
EWhere are people finding copies of such games as day of the tentacle and sam and max? Anybody?
I actually have an old Mac bundle of LucasArts games on CD that I bought on discount for around $10. The data files are exactly the same, so it should work fine with SCUMMVM... just haven't got around to testing them yet. :)
Lucasarts still sells them on the net, and you can get them from Ebay, or maybe in some discount basket at a computer store :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, BASS won't work. It's only in the very latest versions of SCUMM because the developer gave them the source code - which is obviously a big help.

It's kind of a shame support for ScummVM on the GP32 has dried up. I kind of wish I'd bought a PDA now :unsure:

I have a similar problem with scummvm but the 132 version does not solve the issue. it gives a garbled graphic and then just a brief bit of txt that goes by to fast to read but I think it says something about trying to find sam and max.
I copied the data files. 29 in all. any suggestions

Back