Best Large Capacity Sd Card

Samurai_Shippo

Still Fresh
I am probably going to pick up either an 8 gig or 4 gig sd card. What makes seem to work best with the Caanoo?

A Friend of mine who works at a computer shop says Kingston are the cards he returns the least of and I swear by them myself.

I use Sandisk with my Caanoo, a 16 GB class 4 SDHC for applications/games storage and a 2 GB class 2 SD for firmware upgrade...
In any case the maximum memory card capacity supported by Caanoo OS is 32 GB...

FreddyBoubil said:
I use this SD card with my Caanoo and it works fine. It might be a little slow for a class 10 when writing but works fine in the Caanoo.

I use a Transcend class 10 card too, it's the 8 GB model. If you want to pay more for a class 10 card depends on the question, if you are transfering files with a card reader or with the Caanoo plugged into your computer. With a card reader, you get the full speed, transfering the files with a Caanoo is much slower.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Transcend cards myself, though most brands seem to be pretty reliable these days.

I own two of these:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820208293&cm_re=transcend_class_6-_-20-208-293-_-Product

One in my Caanoo and one in my Canon SX130. As CKeichel said, a card reader is highly recommended when transferring files. The Caanoo's interface is extremely slow and IMO is only suitable for quick changes to configuration files or copying small files over.

Back