Best gpengine games

rtype
columns
legendary axe
galaga 88
alien crush (+ devil's crush)
final soldier (or soldier blade.. always mix them up)
vigilante
mr heli
gomola speed
(+ blazing lazers, if it worked for more than 2 min!)

what's your favorite "blipped favorite poll?"

because of bad roms
-> get good dumps
-> transfer the roms again

and try the rom type selector

Devil Crash .. THE best pinball game ever made, and THE best version of it!
Soldier Blade ... best of the 'Gunhed/Star Soldier' series.
Metal Stoker ... unique little overhead tank game, not very common
Bomberman 93 ... best of the traditional bomberman games
Bomberman 94 ... great gfx, excellent gameplay twists!
Download .. furious horizontal scroller
Image Fight .. vertical scroller, a classic
R-Type (US version, so don't need two roms) ... needs no intro ... the daddy
Military Madness (turn based military strategy - GBA completely ripped it off) .. simple and adictive.
Parodius .. horizontal shooter parody of gradius/salamander
Detana Twin Bee ... comic style vertical shooter
Galaga ... the ultimate incarnation of space invaders
Aero Blasters ... the hard, original version of a MD/Genesis horizontal shooter.
Super Longnose Goblin ... bizarre japanese side scroller...
Rabio Lepus Special ... yet another side scroller... nice gfx
Side Arms Hyperdyne ... classic shooter
PC-Kid / Bonk / Airzonk series....

... there are just too many good PC-Engine games to have a top 10!

...anyone know if the GPengine developers are working on supporting CD games via mp3's? I'd love to rip my copies of Lords of Thunder, Gates of Thunder, Dracula X and Godzilla to play on the GP32 :)

i doubt we'll see another update of GPengine unfort. (it's getting close toa year)
..never say never!

Rlyeh has an emu in the works as well.. he's got MANY in the works though so don't wait for it. that's ok, the on we've got is pretty stellar as it is.

CD-Rom (well, ISO) emulation would be pretty sweet though... who knows, eh??

The funny thing is that I use my GP32 to play PC-Engine games on the move, more than I do my Turbo Express... I guess it's just the convenience of having all my games at once and not needing to switch hucards in and out all the time, or use a stupid huge convertor to play the jap ones; PC-Engine CD support would be the icing on the cake :)

Ive just got a gp32 and instaled gpengine and thought it was fantastic, i quite often have games of bomberman'94 during my boring classes at skool. oh and vigilantes not bad, but im yet to check out other games...

Also, how come the bomberman 94 graphics on pcengine look better than the Mega bomberman graphics on the Megadrive emulators? Wasnt the megadrive quite a bit more powerful?

I really like Pac Land and R-type on GP Engine. I think GP Engine is still the most impressive emulator for GP32, and it has been around for a long time. Will Mega Drive or SNES ever run as well as this? If only it had saves...

WhizzBang posted on May 30 2004 at 10:40 PM said:
I really like Pac Land and R-type on GP Engine. I think GP Engine is still the most impressive emulator for GP32, and it has been around for a long time. Will Mega Drive or SNES ever run as well as this? If only it had saves...
I agree :D. I was thinkin about starting a poll to see which emulator people would think was best, not from what people play the most, but which seems the slickest in general (speed, sound quality, gui quality, features etc). If gpengine had slightly higher compatibility and save states it would be *the* best emulator.

Also, the way you choose the fps rather than frameskip seems to make you forget that you run on frameskip 1 with 30 fps i think B).

Last edited by a moderator:
Possibly, but the ball physics on the Pinball Dreams series is whole lot better. It doesn't have the excellent and unique table design of the Devil games, though, so I guess it evens out. Close call.

I enjoy playing these games on my GP32:

Air Zonk
Bomberman 94
Devil Crash
Outrun
R-Type
Paradious
Twinbee

I've tried and failed to get ANY of the PC Kid games to work with GPengine. Am I doing somthing stupid?

Huxley posted on May 31 2004 at 02:03 AM said:
Possibly, but the ball physics on the Pinball Dreams series is whole lot better. It doesn't have the excellent and unique table design of the Devil games, though, so I guess it evens out. Close call.

I enjoy playing these games on my GP32:

Air Zonk
Bomberman 94
Devil Crash
Outrun
R-Type
Paradious
Twinbee

I've tried and failed to get ANY of the PC Kid games to work with GPengine. Am I doing somthing stupid?
Must be, I've got bonk 3 working fine. Not that theres much point playing without saves I think :p.

Dozer posted on May 31 2004 at 08:46 AM said:
Must be, I've got bonk 3 working fine. Not that theres much point playing without saves I think :p.
Yeah, I guess that would kinda suck for games like that. Still, I'm after some decent platforming action for my GP32 and I remember liking the original Bonk on the Amiga...I'll see if the US/Euro versions work any better.

Back