Best Games For Intellivision, Colecovision,2600 & Odyssey2

satanic virus

Website
Visit site
What are the best games for these systems? I have complete romsets but there are thousands!! I have an actual 2600 which i picked up recently but with no games yet :(

It would be great to know what games are recommended to play on the GP2X emulators - when the graphics and sounds are this basic it is difficult to pick out which ones have good gameplay.

Cheers.

Hmm...

Intellivision, I like Utopia, the D&D and Tron based games, Night Stalker, and Astrosmash.
ColecoVision, I enjoy Venture and the Donkey Kong series.
Atari 2600, Yar's Revenge, Space Invaders, Missile Command, River Raid, ET (just kidding)
Odyssey2, Munchman and Pixaxe Pete

~telengard

telengard said:
Hmm...

Intellivision, I like Utopia, the D&D and Tron based games, Night Stalker, and Astrosmash.
Atari 2600, Yar's Revenge, Space Invaders, Missile Command, River Raid, ET (just kidding)

~telengard
Hey do you think maybe you could fix the Stella Atari2600 emu to work on the F200? It is said to be a very simple fix and the source is out but no one seems interested in fixing it :( I hate to ask that but i am getting desparate, no 2600 on the F200 sucks .

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC said:
telengard said:
Hmm...

~telengard
Hey do you think maybe you could fix the Stella Atari2600 emu to work on the F200? It is said to be a very simple fix and the source is out but no one seems interested in fixing it :( I hate to ask that but i am getting desparate, no 2600 on the F200 sucks .

Hey DaveC,

I unfortunately don't have a gp2x to test on. I can make code changes etc but no way to test them. How simple of a change is it? Can I use my current F100 dev environment to make the change?

I'm holding off getting a F200 and plan on getting a Pandora and will resume development with that. Sold the gp2x to go towards that when it comes out.

~telengard

telengard said:
Hey DaveC,

I unfortunately don't have a gp2x to test on. I can make code changes etc but no way to test them. How simple of a change is it? Can I use my current F100 dev environment to make the change?

I'm holding off getting a F200 and plan on getting a Pandora and will resume development with that. Sold the gp2x to go towards that when it comes out.

~telengard
Bummer, in that case never mind. No use in doing something that you can't use.

DaveC said:
Stella (2.3.5-gp2x) works fine on my F-200 !
I just have a litte problem with it: when I exist Stella, I get a black screen & need to reboot the GP2x.
Sad !

Does anyone have an idea about this problem or can fix it ?

I'd like to fix it, if it is simple but, I'm new in stella programming & GP2x hardware (but not in C/C++ programming !)...
I need explainations !

For me, the best games for each are:

Intellivision - Lock N Chase, NightStalker

2600 - Adventure, Astroblast, Pressure Cooker, River Raid, Haunted House, Pitfall (or course), and my favorite: Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Odyssey2 - Sorry, never played any.

Fave Oddysey2 games: Monkeyshines, Out of This World, and Helicopter Rescue
Fave Intellivision games: Dracula, Lock n Chase, Kool-aid man,
Fave Atari: Haunted House, Pitfall, and the game where u can choose the level and be on the ground shooting, or be an airplane dog fighting, etc. (Maybe called Sea Games?)

Atari 2600: Missile Command (amazingly good), River Raid, HERO
Colecovision: Antartic Adventure, Defender, Pitstop, HERO, War Games
Odyssey 2: Quest of the Rings (but you need the original game which comes with a board game and playing pieces).

slaanesh said:
Atari 2600: Missile Command (amazingly good), River Raid, HERO
Colecovision: Antartic Adventure, Defender, Pitstop, HERO, War Games
Odyssey 2: Quest of the Rings (but you need the original game which comes with a board game and playing pieces).
You just reminded me... I got a copy of the Quest of the Rings boxed game at a yard sale because it looked cool but then set it aside as I had no way to play it. I totally forgot about emulation... off I go to find the box and check it out. Thanks,

Back