Best Games Ever

davey g posted on Sep 17 2004 at 05:23 PM said:
xboxit do you understand anything? He didn't say anything about Halo not being a FPS. Do you know what genre-defining means?
He clearly doesn't so I'm just going to quickly explain what I think it means :p.

It's a game that adds something new and re-defines the genre. Like that genre of game will most likely never be the same again and be better off for it. Halo is just another good fps, nothing ground breaking.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never said halo defined FPS, but I was sayin it was my fav FPS. God, Its my opinion, is that so bad. How can I love a game if I've never played it.

xboxit posted on Sep 17 2004 at 06:38 PM said:
I never said halo defined FPS, but I was sayin it was my fav FPS. God, Its my opinion, is that so bad. How can I love a game if I've never played it.
You need to chill. You're opinion is fine. I was just explaining and declaration was just giving his very valid opinion as well.

Now drink some milk and take this.

Chill_Pillmbe.jpg

Edit: Erm, if you were to actually take a pill that size though I'd recommend you dissolve it or something.

Dozer posted on Sep 17 2004 at 06:13 PM said:
davey g posted on Sep 17 2004 at 05:23 PM said:
xboxit do you understand anything? He didn't say anything about Halo not being a FPS. Do you know what genre-defining means?
He clearly doesn't so I'm just going to quickly explain what I think it means :p.

It's a game that adds something new and re-defines the genre. Like that genre of game will most likely never be the same again and be better off for it. Halo is just another good fps, nothing ground breaking.

Pleny would disagree. Limiting the number of weapons you can carry and the big battles in large open environments were groundbreaking. Not that it's the best but it is very good.

Why the hell would anybody post a thread called "Best Games Ever", and then just want others to blindly follow with lists. Great Conversation that.

Fair enough I may have overlooked the word "my" in your original post , but whats wrong with a bit of debate anyway?

Also, if those are really your favourite games of all time, maybe you should think about opening your gaming horizons a little.

RPG: Final Fantasy VII - PS1
Sports: Sensible World Of Soccer - Amiga
Horror: All have been lame that I've tried so far ...
Fighting: SF2 Series - Multi Format
Adventure: Zelda OOT - N64
Multiplayer: Halo- Xbox
Action/Melee: Shenmue (okay a hybrid of action and RPG :p ) - DC
Action/Guns: GTA Vice City - PS2
Racing: Mario Kart - Snes
Platform: Mario 64 - N64
Stealth: Metal Gear Solid - PS1
FPS: Rainbow Six/Socom Series - Xbox/PS2 (couldn't decide!)

Hmm not a very original list :huh:

Back