Best Firmware For None Flu?

gary.mckeown

Website
Visit site
I've got a non-flu gp32_console and am bored of seeing that stupid korean firmware and my warrenty's run out so i was wondering what the best firmware would be for me to flash my gp32_console ?

cheers

gaz.

I've got a non-flu gp32_console and am bored of seeing that stupid korean firmware and my warrenty's run out so i was wondering what the best firmware would be for me to flash my gp32_console ?

cheers

gaz.

Any Firmware will work with it Eg the FLU, Non Flu, BLU (They Dont make seperate firmwares for each unit)

BUT

DO NOT GET THE BLU+ Firmware Thats the Only one You Should Never Get... BLU+ Firmware is for the BLU's that have them different brand LCD Screens.

I suggest Slubman's Firmware :)

Last edited by a moderator:
just gone to the slubman website and there's 3 zips to choose which one should i get for mine? the gpdrive.zip or the pclink.zip?

cheers for your help

gaz.

Aquafish's Firmware with the Gamepark FW, Windups & Pacrom is my favourite, you can boot to anything else with it too so no need to reflash. I have a BLU now but ran it on my old FLU until I sold it.

®

just gone to the slubman website and there's 3 zips to choose which one should i get for mine? the gpdrive.zip or the pclink.zip?

cheers for your help

gaz.

Get:
If you have Windows XP: Slubmans firmware with GPdrive
If you don't have Windows XP: Slubmans firmware with PClink

GPdrive lets your GP32 act like a mass storage device when its connected to your computer.
PClink is the version to use with the software supplied with your GP32 (which is slow).

I would almost definitely go with the GPdrive version as it is so much better.
I have tried all of the firmwares so I would know. B)

Aquafish's Firmware with the Gamepark FW, Windups & Pacrom is my favourite, you can boot to anything else with it too so no need to reflash. I have a BLU now but ran it on my old FLU until I sold it.

®
Shirohagen is almost right, the choice of firmware is correct but you should, of course, have the version with YAFL instead of Wind-ups ;)

Kidding of course, just see what type of launcher you like (YAFL, Wind-ups, Slubman) you can run all of them as fxe's to test them first and choose a firmware that can use that launcher as the default.

I use a combination of YAFL with Slubman's explorer but you can also choose another explorer like comi. Just download and play around with the fxe-versions first before you decide to flash your firmware.

Cheers people

I just moved over to Slubman's Firmware with phodrive

really nice and easy

my 128mb SMC already has a crack in it from swapping it between my gp32 and my card reader.

now I dont have to bother.

question

I see it says do NOT turn GP32 off.

What happens? annyone tried it?

I could be wrong on this, but the firmware code is responsible for outputting to the screen, reading from the SMC and accepting input from the buttons/joystick. If you turn the GP32 off halfway through the flash, your unit won't have a working firmware (half-deleted files, or corrupted files) so will not be able to do any of these things.

You'd be left with a games console that can't read information, accept input, display anything on screen or make a noise. Basically, a more-expensive-than-most paperweight. :eek:

There is a way to load a program (eg a new firmware) directly into the GP's memory from your PC, so if you delete your firmware the GP32 is rescuable. However, you need to build a JTAG cable which - while technically very easy to do - can be very inconvenient to anyone without access to electronics components and equipment.

Be sure to get the universal viewer plugin for Slubman firmware - can open all manner of image files, very handy. I think it was one of the recent ADIC entries, you can get it from gp32x.de .

I could be wrong on this, but the firmware code is responsible for outputting to the screen, reading from the SMC and accepting input from the buttons/joystick. If you turn the GP32 off halfway through the flash, your unit won't have a working firmware (half-deleted files, or corrupted files) so will not be able to do any of these things.

You'd be left with a games console that can't read information, accept input, display anything on screen or make a noise. Basically, a more-expensive-than-most paperweight. :eek:

There is a way to load a program (eg a new firmware) directly into the GP's memory from your PC, so if you delete your firmware the GP32 is rescuable. However, you need to build a JTAG cable which - while technically very easy to do - can be very inconvenient to anyone without access to electronics components and equipment.

Be sure to get the universal viewer plugin for Slubman firmware - can open all manner of image files, very handy. I think it was one of the recent ADIC entries, you can get it from gp32x.de .

I meant what happens when you switch off while connected to the pc by phodrive.

Not that I'm going to do it.

You'd have to be a total retard to switch off while flashing firmware

most likely it will corrupt your smc or at least the latest transferd files couse some of the data is still in ram and not on the smc.

Back