Best Console Systems

sukhi-2006

We had so many consoles released in the past years, saturn and dreamcast are best consoles for games not even one console is good as these, of course the mega drive,mega cd were amazing consoles few from nintendo side snes,gba,n64,wii.

Now we have the wii,xbox 360,ps3 the most awful console has to be ps3 none of the games are exciting apart from ridge racer 7 most majority ps3 have bad framerates,the wii is good but doesn't have enough games for grown ups just for kids then we have xbox maybe the best console and it has halo 3 there are few good games which are quite stunnning titles like ninja gaiden,dead or alive,virtua fighter 5 online it does have much better games than the other 2 consoles maybe it comes next to dreamcast console nothing yet has beaten the dreamcast it was tragedy that dreamcast failed.

sukhigp said:
We had so many consoles released in the past years, saturn and dreamcast are best consoles for games not even one console is good as these, of course the mega drive,mega cd were amazing consoles few from nintendo side snes,gba,n64,wii.

Now we have the wii,xbox 360,ps3 the most awful console has to be ps3 none of the games are exciting apart from ridge racer 7 most majority ps3 have bad framerates,the wii is good but doesn't have enough games for grown ups just for kids then we have xbox maybe the best console and it has halo 3 there are few good games which are quite stunnning titles like ninja gaiden,dead or alive,virtua fighter 5 online it does have much better games than the other 2 consoles maybe it comes next to dreamcast console nothing yet has beaten the dreamcast it was tragedy that dreamcast failed.
A period (.) will makes your sentences easier to read.

The PS3 doesnt suck as much as you make it out to. Go play Uncharted ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm,

Is that asking "What are your all-time favourite consoles?"
That's what I can sort of fathom out of it. You think the Dreamcast is the best ever. Yes, me too. Followed by Megadrive and then Game Boy Advance.

That is what you're saying, right?
I'm confused.

The dreamcast will forever live in in the hearts of many gamers as the greatest machine to have been released. Too far ahead of its time, if it were to come out now (with updated graphics) I'm sure it would have fared much better. Have been thinking about getting my dreamcast out again to play some Soul Calibur seeing as oul Calibur Legends on the Wii is going to be atrocious.

I think everyone will have a different view on the best console ever, depending on their age and which console they owned first.

For me it has to be the Sega Saturn, I still play it on a regular basis.

In order of "The Best", in my opinion, of course.

Top 2 videogame consoles

1. SEGA SATURN

2. SONY PLAYSTATION 3

3. SONY PlayStation 2/SONY PSX

4. SONY PlayStation

5. SEGA DreamCast

6. SUPER FamiCom

7. Nintendo Ultra 64

8. SEGA MEGA DRIVE

9. Microsoft XBOX 360

10. Nintendo GameCube

Honorable mention: Microsoft XBOX

Top 2 portable videogame consoles

1. SONY PlayStation Portable Slim & Lite

2. Nintendo DS lite

1) Dreamcast :)wub:)
2) PS2
3) Xbox (but only modded)
4) Wii
5) N64
6) PSOne

These are pretty much all the non-handheld consoles I've owned. The Dreamcast will always be my favourite.

It's really hard to nail this one down. I've owned more of them than I'd care to admit, too many to list. Here's my top five.

1. SNES
2. DreamCast
3. GameBoy (original)
4. Xbox
5. Saturn

I only put the SNES over the Dreamcast because those were my prime gaming years (preteen to early teens), and I have really fond childhood memories of tons of those games. There are way too many excellent titles for that system to list.

The biggest struggle, for me, was which one would be the last one in my top five. It was a tough decision between the Saturn and N64, but I had so many great games for the Saturn. With the N64, there weren't a ton of games. But, the ones at the top were all time greats. Ultimately, there weren't enough great ones to knock off the Saturn.

1.Turbo Grafx 16 (PCEngine)
2.Dreamcast
3.Neo Geo CD
4.Sega Saturn
5.Sega Genesis
6.PS2
7.NGC or N64 (hard choice)
8.SNES (because of the RPGs)

I found it very hard to do this. :huh:

@ SONY - I'm glad you put apostrophes aroung 'The Best' cause it meant you weren't being serious. If you were, then you my friend seem to be a bit deluded on the console front and the handheld front if you see the psp being better than the ds.

I will say though, a lot of people under appreciate the Gamecube. Ok, it lacked any form of third party support but the console gave us some fantastic games. Wind Waker, Metroid Prime 1 and 2, Resi Evil 4, Viewtiful Joe, F-Zero GX, Billy Hatcher, Mario Sunshine, and Twilight Princess to name but a few (I prefered playing Twilight Princess on the Gamecube to playing it on the Wii. It also looked better running on a Gamecube). There were some good multi-format efforts (namely Sands of Time and Beyond Good and Evil).

If I had to list my top 5 consoles, it'd probably be as below:-

1. Dreamcast
2. MegaDrive & SNES (would really be able to choose between them)
3. PS2 (Really wish I hadn't have gotten rid of it after 5 years of service. But I just couldn't find anything I wanted to play until now)
4. N64
5. Gamecube

That list is purely based on the consoles I've had which is why I can't put the Saturn in. I do intend to get hold of one eventually (well when I can get hold of the original NiGHTS game).

Ganepark32 said:
That list is purely based on the consoles I've had which is why I can't put the Saturn in. I do intend to get hold of one eventually (well when I can get hold of the original NiGHTS game).
I know this isn't going to be a popular thing to say, but I wouldn't buy a Saturn if the purpose is to play NiGHTS. That game is one of the most overrated games of all time. There are a lot of games that are a lot better on the Saturn (all of the Panzer Dragoon games come to mind).

NiGHTS is OK, but it's certainly not good enough to warrant a system purchase.

Ganepark32 said:
I'm intending to get Panzer Dragoon as well. That one's a bit easier to get hold of.
Panzer Dragoon RPG is a little tougher to come by than the other two, and it will cost you a pretty penny.

Have fun. Saturn is an excellent system with a lot of great games, especially if you're into classic fighters.

Saturn is stupidly easy to mod though, if you get a round button version it generaly only requires 3 wires :).

NiGHTS is OK, but it's certainly not good enough to warrant a system purchase.
[/quote]

DragonForce, Radiant Silvergun, Guardian Heroes, Metal Slug, Vampire Saviour, Silhouette Mirage, Sonic R, X-Men Vs Street Fighter, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Shining Force III...

Is that enough to warrant a system purchase?

TwoHeadedBoy said:
DragonForce, Radiant Silvergun, Guardian Heroes, Metal Slug, Vampire Saviour, Silhouette Mirage, Sonic R, X-Men Vs Street Fighter, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Shining Force III...

Is that enough to warrant a system purchase?
Did I say that Saturn didn't have good games?

Back