Best bluetooth keyboard?

The sierra or the original? I'm thinking about a sierra, it's a full size keyboard and actually just as compact when folded up. They aren't made anymore but I know someone that still has several of them.

I was looking at the ultra slim. I have a sierra type keyboard (with the sliding mechanism) and I've had some problems with connectivity to the center right keys. Don't know if I would buy another. I suppose it would depend on the price. Definitely would not pay $70-90 for one.

That sucks. I read folding keyboards can be finicky, and if you get them wet they short out easily. I prefer a full size keyboard so I'll probably try it out.

Is there anything like that roll up keyboard they used in Live Free or Die Hard? That looks like it would work well.

Apparently, if you google something it comes up:
ps3_controller_keyboard_02.jpg

This definitely seems interesting. That and mapping the analogs as a mouse somehow (like in XPadder), and you've got one sick-ass wireless keyboard and mouse. Makes me regret buying stuff for my PS2 Controller.

I wonder.. Can this keypad work on a wired one?
I wonder more... Can I use my Pandora as a controller/keyboard for my PC/Linux?
I wonder some more... How long is the USB cable for the Pandora?

I think the idea is to get a keyboard that is full size. Otherwise might as well just stick with the included keymat. A full size keyboard allows for easy typing for using umpc applications. Although I guess it's all just about whatever you want to use it for.

Full size.. I believe the Logitech DiNivo wins that one. There's also a DiNivo mini I believe. They do cost over $100 though :p Why buy a keyboard that is 1/3 the price of the Pandora. Then again, why spend $50 on a keyboard for your controller :p

I'd rather just stick with the keymat and my cheap PS2 Controller for now. Conditions aren't exactly well for me to be spending over $500 on one item that can be lost easily

Apple Wireless keyboard. Its a nice size, fits just right, and feels great. Only issue I have is that I bought a European one, and those suck: the enter key is atrocious.

I have the sierra, full-size 5-row folds-in-four BT keyboard. It's quite nice. Some of the screws tend to fall out, that's the only issue I have with it. I wouldn't change it for anything else though. Unfortunately they've stopped making them, and the ultraslims as well afaik. The ultraslim seemed to be easier to get hold of, last time I checked. I did see a sierra available on Amazon about half a year ago though.

I've read nothing but great reviews about the sierra. I went ahead and got one and tested it out. It seems great. I like it a lot better than the palm universal wireless IR I bought for my psp. The keys are normal size and easier to type on, plus it folds up to an even smaller size, just a little thicker. I wouldn't lug around anything I couldn't fold up and pocket. I thought about getting a laser projection keyboard, but then I found out they are overpriced and most people say they have problems registering keystrokes. I guess they are just gimmicky and fancy. I'm going to be using my pandora as a umpc for school (comp sci, electrical engineering double major) as well as gaming so I definitely will make use of the full size keyboard. I don't like lugging crap around I can't fit into my pockets. I don't even carry notebooks or books if I can get away with it. I wear cargo type pants or shorts often so the pandora and sierra will be simple to carry. When I have taken a few more classes and gotten a bit more C++ under my belt I'd like to start developing. I think the pandora + keyboard will be better for my habits than a laptop or mini. Especially since I don't have to be attached to an outlet. Can't wait till the package arrives.

It all really depends on the application you intend to use a Bluetooth keyboard for, and how many times you need to pack/unpack it. A fold-up that is reliable but somewhat vulnerable to moisture may be the best option for taking notes in a college class that you don't have books for, while a water-resistant roll-up keyboard may be needed if you're using the Pandora to organize amateur storm chasing, and the basic keymat may be the best choice if you're using it to pass the time or... <GASP>... actually get work done while waiting at the mechanic for your car to be done.

Most UI devices are individual-choice things. Mechanical reliability is generally a universal, but everything else about any UI device depends greatly on the use, the expectations of the user, their posture, or the size of their hands.

gogeta74_3 said:
How long is the USB cable for the Pandora?
USB2.0 is 5m max not for pandora but for everything.
Technically USB2.0 specifications say that you can get up to 5m, 500mAh and up to 127 devices per host controller (but sharing those 500mA between too many devices you need an external power supply or something similar).

I bought a Freedom BT keyboard. It does SPP and HID so should work with just about anything. My BB is locked down so that was a no-go but my Libretto U100 worked OK.

Anyone have any experience on blue tooth keyboard.If possible then share your experience with all.
It is also comfortable to everybody.
It has some Features like:

* Connects to PDAs Smartphones
* Projects a full size keyboard onto any flat surface
* Allows the convenience of regular keyboard typing in a tiny form factor
* Rechargeable battery lasts for 120 minutes of continuous typing
* Tiny size only 3.5 inches high

Back