Berzerk 2x

slaanesh posted on Feb 14 2007 at 09:26 PM said:
Actually if you want voice talent, you could break out an old Amiga and use the text-to-speech from it.

Actually that is in Windows too I think. The old SAM (Software Automated Mouth) voice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of the voices I am going to use will be my voice fed through a vocoder plug in on Sonar. I can make myself sound like a Dalek, Sea Devil, Cylon, Berzerk robot, singing piano or even a heavenly choir :).

The only thing I can't do with a vocoder is realistic human voices, that's why I want same male actors. News, reports, guys screaming "RUNNN, BERZERKERS ARE COMING!" that kinda thing. Anyone up for it let me know, and when I get around to writing the soundtrack, I'll tell you what I need :)

I am going to write a nice little story, but it's going to be much more evil than Battlestar Galactica B). The story will be simple put punchy. I really don't want to spoil the gameplay with unnecessary padding.

Okay I have written a simple downloader, Beta testers who have registered on the main berzerk forum should now be able to access it.

Downloader

So far I have:

DaveC
jbrodack
pkostrze
saehn
spoyser

I have missed you out, then please let me know.

Also can you let me know if the downloader works, I have uploaded a very basic zip.

Thanks,
Clare.

fatdad posted on Feb 18 2007 at 01:34 PM said:
will you be adding a level editor , so that we can make our own \ more levels ?
It's a nice idea which I might implement.

Edit: Beta3 has been uploaded, Player firing working :)

WarmFluffyUK posted on Feb 18 2007 at 09:54 AM said:
Edit: Beta3 has been uploaded, Player firing working :)
Internet's back to normal. Heading off to download now. :)

StarG posted on Feb 21 2007 at 12:28 AM said:
Berzerk, Evil Otto ... is it related to the board game with those small popup figures ?

Oh my... this shifts me back ages :D
To my knowledge no. As far as I can research, Evil Otto was named after a disliked fellow-employee of the original game creators :D

EDIT..
Researching this I have had an idea: In the title screens I may have interesting Berzerk facts popping up.

Back