Football 2x Update!

Mookmac

Still Fresh
Website
www.mookie.the-buccaneer.co.uk
Hey everyone,

I know there were a lot of problems with the first 2 releases of my latest game; Football 2X. The problem was that both v1.0 and v1.1 didn't actually work. However I have now fixed this and actually bothered to test it on my GP2X. As an added bonus I have coded controls for F100 users as well as the touchscreen controls for F200 users. The game still is for 2 players on one console because I don't have time to implement any AI yet (this will be done for v2.0). Anyways sorry to the 200 people who downloaded the non-working versions. The only consolation is that if you download the latest version I am confident you will be downloading the best homebrew football game on the GP2X.

For anyone who didn't see the first release:

Football 2X is a clone of the popular web soccer game; Peg Ball. The players are loaded on elastic and when pulled will ping back into position - sending the ball flying.

All feedback is greatly appreciated!

http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,36,2578

Hmm... seems to work, but there are a few problems. :(

It seems the in-game touchscreen controls doesn't work, but it did recognize the taps on the screen to start the game. The D-pad controls work, but it can't be used to start the game; it only works in-game. I also experienced crashes while playing it, and sometimes the ball acts weird like bouncing around the screen uncontrollably, gets stuck, or moves too slowly.

I suggest that a feature to make the crosshair invisible when touchscreen is used and visible again when D-pad controls is used to be included. The font also needs some work. ;)

Hope the problems get sorted out, and looking forward to the inclusion of the AI and other stuff.

Back