Beginners question about bluetooth and factory reset

Mark

Boris Johnson: Cuddly Conservative
Website
www.gp-magazine.org.uk
Hello,

Is it possible to performe a factory reset?

I connected my phone and the pandora via Bluetooth and tried to send files from the phone to the pandora.

I always get an error message (file will not be send) and on the pandora side i only find the option to send (!not receive?) files 

Thx for your help

Last edited by a moderator:
Sending and receiving files might be restricted by the phone you use. I had the same problems with an old WinCE phone and an iPhone. Eventually I gave up.

Hmm, compared to my XFCE netbook, the bluetooth properties dialog is missing the 'Receive files' button, but instead has an 'About' button. Without that button I don't know how to set up the folder to receive files into.

Doing a search, it sounds like it's something that's been broken in XFCE due to a change in Gnome, and you now need alternative packages to configure this setting. I'm not sure if it's something that can be fixed on the Pandora - for one thing I'm not sure it's that much worth fixing when there's so many other ways to transfer stuff to it - but I hope it's looked at for the Pyra's OS, just for tidiness's sake.

Hello,

Is it possible to performe a factory reset?

I connected my phone and the pandora via Bluetooth and tried to send files from the phone to the pandora.

I always get an error message (file will not be send) and on the pandora side i only find the option to send (!not receive?) files 

Thx for your help
A factory reset won't help here, but slaeshjags solution might be worth a try

Last edited by a moderator:
Back