Beginners question about bluetooth and factory reset

Mark

Boris Johnson: Cuddly Conservative
Website
www.gp-magazine.org.uk
Hello,

Is it possible to performe a factory reset?

I connected my phone and the pandora via Bluetooth and tried to send files from the phone to the pandora.

I always get an error message (file will not be send) and on the pandora side i only find the option to send (!not receive?) files 

Thx for your help

Last edited by a moderator:

A2000

Sending and receiving files might be restricted by the phone you use. I had the same problems with an old WinCE phone and an iPhone. Eventually I gave up.

levi

Still fresh, damnit!
Hmm, compared to my XFCE netbook, the bluetooth properties dialog is missing the 'Receive files' button, but instead has an 'About' button. Without that button I don't know how to set up the folder to receive files into.

Doing a search, it sounds like it's something that's been broken in XFCE due to a change in Gnome, and you now need alternative packages to configure this setting. I'm not sure if it's something that can be fixed on the Pandora - for one thing I'm not sure it's that much worth fixing when there's so many other ways to transfer stuff to it - but I hope it's looked at for the Pyra's OS, just for tidiness's sake.

thatgui

Advanced Member
Hello,

Is it possible to performe a factory reset?

I connected my phone and the pandora via Bluetooth and tried to send files from the phone to the pandora.

I always get an error message (file will not be send) and on the pandora side i only find the option to send (!not receive?) files 

Thx for your help
A factory reset won't help here, but slaeshjags solution might be worth a try

Last edited by a moderator: