Beatmania / Beatmania Iidx

Twinbee

Tales From The Big Room
Website
Visit site
I've recently been playing the Beatmania games on MAME 0.81 and i've got to say i'm incredibly impressed. Beatmania 6th Mix on the DJMain MAME test was the game that got me completely hooked on this kind of game.

Has anybody had the fortune of playing the PS2 conversions, or arcade versions of Beatmania IIDX? Preferably the later styles from 5th Style onwards. They look hardcore.

:lol:

mmm...ive played the psone dance games, wasnt really impressed but lots of fun is to be had on them on a night in drinking with people.

Beatmania isn't a dancing game, it's a music game. I've got the PS version with the turntable/keyboard style controller and it's bloody difficult. One of the hardest music games in my opinion.

My favorite music game has to be Guitar Freaks (PS/PS2). When played with the guitar style controller it's a real blast. Beats playing air guitar ;)

00000019.jpg

Edit: Picture of the two controllers added

Attachments

• 00000019.jpg
    00000019.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 389
  • 00000019.jpg
    00000019.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 178
If you really like beatmania you should also checkout one of these

00000020.jpg

to fullfill all your beatmania needs on the go.

Attachments

• 00000020.jpg
    00000020.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 404
  • 00000020.jpg
    00000020.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 174
Yes, it's a working scratch wheel.

They are pretty good. All music is sampled and there are 11 different songs in there, some even with lyrics. It also has a light that flashes in time with the beat. Luckily for the other passengers on the train you can also plug in a headphone ;)

A complete list with all released bemani pockets can be found here (japanese). Keep in mind that they are very hard to get these days :(

Edit: link added

I plan on getting IIDX this summer. But, first I'll have to mod my ps2 to the push-button, and then I'll get the Konami controller (Hopefully Play-Asia will have it in stock, or else I'll have to buy it elsewhere) and, most likely, buy Beatmania IIDX 6th Style (I really like it's song list and I don't think 7th will have a better one).

Back