Mame Games

frolik

Bass Invader
Website
Visit site
Hi All, I've been right hooked on playing the old arcade games on mame32 lately... I can't believe how many different games it supports (bout 5000 or summat silly)

I also just bout a PS2 - USB playstation controller adapter so I have 4 joypads and one hell of an arcade collection!

What does anyone play on mame? I need some suggestions, here's what I'm into:

puzz loop (like bust-a-move but circular!?)
puzzli - match the fishys!
metal slug (all of em)
bubble bobble
outrun and outrunners - talk about perfect emulation!
rampage world tour - 3 player carnage! gotta love it

Elevator Action - cool platformy type game
Pooyan - cool dunno want this game would be catgorised but its cool
Darius Gaiden - great shootemup, with cool music and gfx
Batsugun - pure in yer face shootemup with big power ups.

There's a MAME game called 'Oh my God' which is a Columns variant - Its really addictive and exciting!

Don't forget the other NeoGeo games, the Capcom fighters and my personal favorite Smash TV (plays very well with dual shock controller).

I've got my MAME pc hooked up to a JAMMA cabinet for maximum enjoyment (but only two players :( )

Got a lightgun so I'm really into silly gungames like Duckhunt, Hogan's Alley, N.Y. Captor and Operation Wolf at the moment. I also love the Metal Slug games but the games I enjoy the most are those that I have played on the original arcade machines.

OMG, how cool would that be? where can I get a couple of lightguns for the pc? I'd would LOVE to play op wolf / thunderbolt again....

jamma cabinet.. mmmmmmmm -_-

Don't forget Track'n'Field & Hyper Sports, best played with Arcade buttons though.

And I'd like a decent Light-Gun for the PC, but the ones I've seen look a bit tacky and too small. What type have you got Raven and is it any good?

frolik and pubjoe: my lightgun comes from Actlabs. It's fun to play with but it has some disadvantages:
-it only works with CRT screens (there is also a TV screen version) so LCD won't work.
-the cable is quite short, you plug it in between your graphics card and monitor and into a USB-port (I so need a wireless version).
-not a lot of games support lightguns.

It is however very accurate and it is so much fun to play lightgun games the way they should be played :)

mmmm Mame32

I love alien vs predator, knights of the round, king of the monsters series,RoboArmy. I could go on but the list is sooooo long.

Im lovin all the Capcom CPS2 games, those games kick ass!! oooh and on lik sang i seen that they have a PS2 USb controller that supports 4 players!? :D "joy"

gots to love when 3 friends come over and we get drunk and play four player platformers like TMNT, Sunset Riders, WWF main event... the list goes on

and even if ur not using the other slots for the controllers its just good to know that u have the ability to be able to play with 4 players. THe Super Joybox 5 is a total recomendation on my behave. any respectable mame'r should have one.

EvilDragon posted on Feb 26 2004 at 01:25 AM said:
Magical Drop 3!
I loooove that game :)
I have to completely agree with you there. Have you tried puzzli? similar in a way but with fishys...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back