Beat2x V0.3

miq01 posted on Mar 16 2006 at 09:51 PM said:
New version of Beat2X.

Hi,

nm. it was those stupid DS_Store files.

Last edited by a moderator:
yay!
i deleted all the.ds and trashes and it worked first time!
why does osx put them there?

thanks mig01

OS X uses the .DS_Store to store directory structure information, like the fact that you like Icon View with your icons all the way up to 128, or column view, sorted by date.

It puts these files on every volume it uses. Windows, and other OS's that use FAT32 see these ugly things.

.Trashes is the network trash can for the SD volume, also an OS X thing.

meancode posted on Mar 19 2006 at 11:42 PM said:
OS X uses the .DS_Store to store directory structure information, like the fact that you like Icon View with your icons all the way up to 128, or column view, sorted by date.

It puts these files on every volume it uses. Windows, and other OS's that use FAT32 see these ugly things.

.Trashes is the network trash can for the SD volume, also an OS X thing.
It's weird, as I've checked the code and if the names of those files are .DS_Store and .Trashes, Beat2X is supposed to skip them... So I don't know how to solve it so that you don't have to remove them every time.

could someone list their dir structure using ddr mix 5?
I've got the same problem as meancode et al and I'm not using mac.
doesn't seem to be any extra files on sd card but I'd like to check it ?

thanks in advance...

Did you get another packs working?

Here's the list of files:

Ecstasy.bxe
Ecstasy.ogg
Electro Tuned.bxe
Electro Tuned.ogg
God of Romance.bxe
God of Romance.ogg
Healing Vision.bxe
Healing Vision.ogg
Hot Limit.bxe
Hot Limit.ogg
Insertion.bxe
Insertion.ogg
Moonlight Shadow.bxe
Moonlight Shadow.ogg
My Generation.bxe
My Generation.ogg
Never Ending Story.bxe
Never Ending Story.ogg
readme.txt
songlist.bxs
Tribal Dance.bxe
Tribal Dance.ogg

I don't have any other packs...

All those files go in /packs dir? along with do_not_delete.txt?
in the dir above that i have beat2x.gpe and music.raw is this correct?

Great work btw, love your games :)

forgot to say I am on the 1.4 firmware

Nice update Miq01. Thanks !
The new buttons and layout seems to be a bit more laggy on my Gp2X.
Btw I prefer the old style of narrows so I managed to use the bmp link you've provided.
And the "dancing chicks" idea from mooseknuckle2000 would be great too :p .

Garengarch, every pack is contained in a folder, and that folder goes under 'packs' directory. So you should have 'ddr-mix-5' folder with all those files under 'packs':

Code:
beat2x
    packs
        ddr-mix-5

virusx posted on Mar 20 2006 at 01:58 PM said:
And the "dancing chicks" idea from mooseknuckle2000 would be great too :p .
That would be nice, but it means animation. :) Sooner or later I'll work on that, but for now I want to concentrate on other issues.

One suggestion for .4
miq01, you know how stepmania allows you to create your own backgrounds? Well would it be possible to search for a bmp or jpg with the same name as the song and display it if its 320x240?

PSyMastR posted on Mar 20 2006 at 07:46 PM said:
One suggestion for .4
miq01, you know how stepmania allows you to create your own backgrounds? Well would it be possible to search for a bmp or jpg with the same name as the song and display it if its 320x240?
Yes. It will be possible some time. In fact, now I'm working on a theme selector, but for the whole game, and not for packs or songs. Your suggestion will probably be next.

i dont know if it would ever be possible, but it would be good if there was a really easy way of creating a pack. like you put a song onto the sd card, then load up beat2x and it would play the song, and you can create the button press patterns by just playing along to the song.

vossy posted on Mar 21 2006 at 05:35 PM said:
i dont know if it would ever be possible, but it would be good if there was a really easy way of creating a pack. like you put a song onto the sd card, then load up beat2x and it would play the song, and you can create the button press patterns by just playing along to the song.
Vossy, creating the events for a song in real time sounds good but it means a lot of work coding it. Why? Because in my opinion a good editor would, not only let you record button presses, but also let you edit them once recorded and it means going back and forward in the song and the list of events, which is not easy to do.

Mikey242 posted on Mar 21 2006 at 12:39 PM said:
As cool as it would be, I wouldnt be too bothered by creating the events in real time. I do however like Psymastr's idea :)
Do what I do to make packs. Download stepmania, make a blank .dwi file, and open up the editor :D

Back